Chapter 5 Reuniting with Old Allies

The program had a segregation method for the first two periods. Everyone was to separate into these main categories: Colony, Colonizer, and Both. For the first two periods, everyone will be grouped accordingly to their three categories.

During the first period, everyone was to take their program individually. The second made them take it by pair or group, but still in their categories. Then for the third, it meant they would all be in the same space. Staff was around to keep an eye on them at all times to avoid anyone trying to revert to colonization, bullying, or anything similar.

That was exactly what was on Germany's mind as he made his way to 'classes. He had been trying to move on from the things he had done when he was Third Reich, but it looked like this wasn't going to be easy. He could look at those he formerly colonized and could get along with Russia. And Poland forgave him, heck they're the best of friends now.

He had just been able to get his life under control when the program came up. While he had changed for the better, he was required to go like the rest. He could only hope for the best that he would be able to survive whatever they were going to put him up with.

Then it clicked. Colonies and colonized will all be there. He was going to see those he formerly colonized in his past self. Then again, he would also see some of his friends. And it would be easier with the protocol about what they were supposed to be wearing: Something that acted like a uniform to them even if it looked casual.

He came in looking his best. His white blouse shirt and black pants were just ready, and he tied his red tie into a three-in-hand knot. Even though he didn't really need them to see, he kept his eyeglasses on. His flag stood proudly on his face: Three bold stripes of black, red, and yellow, going down in that order.

He had already met two of his new dorm mates: Australia and Greece. Greece and he didn't really see eye-to-eye as he had a debt to pay and the money yet to be returned. Australia was okay, despite his love for dangerous animals native to his territory, but he was really friendly. Plus, the latter was close to an old friend of his: Japan.

"How is she?" he asked when he brought her up as they were settling in.

"So cute" he sighed at the thought.

"And I saw Italy eating pizza on the way here" Slovenia brought up from outside.

If there was anyone he couldn't forget, it would be his two closest allies: Fascist Italy and Japan Empire. He met the former first and as they went on with their plans, he soon came across the latter. He was quite happy to have them both around with him. Yet, those connections ended when Fascist betrayed him and Empire was bombed, then he committed suicide by gunpoint.

Yet, there was one strange thing about countries. A country could come back, but in a different form. This new form would affect their flag, personality, and sometimes even connections to others, but they would get a second chance. He took it when he found that his two comrades had reformed as well.

As Germany, he abandoned the war-ridden demeanor and dishonorable actions he had played in that time. He still was hard-working, but he did it on the good side these days. And he has been trying to make amends with those he harmed in the past. Most were forgiven, especially Poland.

Now, he was looking for his old allies. He wanted to know what had become of them. He didn't get to meet them in person just yet, as the rehabilitation meant they couldn't directly communicate with one another and all means of such had to go through the president before them. From the sounds of it, both were doing just well and have made names for themselves, patched things up, and were living just fine. The program may provide an opportunity to meet them.