Chapter 2 Dormmates

Dorm 25, Room 10

Philippines had learned that it would be where they were going to be staying while in this program from now on. As soon as the announcer had given a huge speech about the importance of making amends or reformation as well as something about facing your demons, room assignments were given out. The alphabetical order made things easier for the staff to be able to hand them out.

They already knew Poland wouldn't be joining them from the look of things. He was going to be in a different dorm. They could only wish good luck to each other and hoped for the best that whoever they were ending up with would not be someone they weren't ready to face yet.

Bumping into a country snapped them to reality as they fell to the floor.

"Oh, my goodness! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" they panicked.

"Yeah" they nodded, slightly dazed.

"Here, let me help"

A white hand was offered to them, and they took it, allowing themselves to be helped up. Now they had a good view of who they bumped into. The country wore black loafers, knee-length white socks, a short navy-blue skirt, a white blouse, and a little pink kerchief. They were also carrying a stapled stack of paper in their hands. For a moment, you would think that this country hadn't gotten a flag for themselves yet, but that was when Philippines saw it. It was only hard to figure it out from the white cat ears and tail they had.

A huge, single red circle in the center of white.

"Japan?"

The country tilted their head a bit at that, ears flopping to the side. "Have we met?"

They felt a mix of anger and fear. This was Japan, one of their former colonizers. This little country was not to be underestimated for the terror he brought on not just Philippines themselves, but to many other countries who were part of Asia, and a few more in Europe.

Yet now, he looked very much different from the last time they met. For one thing, the flag looked simpler, and he wasn't in that war uniform. Second, he was never seen with cat ears and a tail before. And finally, he was staring at them like they just met and in a cutesy, little schoolgirl uniform. And he looked more like a she now, actually.

"You don't remember me?"

"I'm not sure. I normally would be able to recall a face when I meet them" the voice even changed, it seemed. Softer, kinder, more feminine, and somewhat younger.

Philippines tried to look over him for any signs of deceit or acting, or even mockery. But there was none, the confusion looked genuine. It was almost unnerving.

The country picked up a paper stack that had fallen during the bump, eyes falling to the page it was on before fear spread throughout his features.

"P-Philippines-san?"

"Hello, Japan" they muttered under their breath.

"I...um..." he fumbled for words, ears and tail now downwards in fear. For a moment, Philippines didn't think they would see this reaction from him all of countries. He never showed fear in the time they were together.

Before they could say anything, the country bowed quickly before squeaking. "I'm very sorry!"

Then he fled.

Philippines could only watch as they sped off. This country was known for the fear they were able to instill in others. Short-timed regimens and colonization but overall effective for crushing you. Yet, they just recognized a country that had been one they colonized in the past and just ran off after apologizing for bumping into them. Did something happen? They did get hit by a bomb at some point from what they heard.