11

Will received a warm greeting from his mom once he arrived at the hotel. She hugged him tightly and kissed his cheeks before quickly stepping back.

"Oh, my baby! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Why do you smell like that?"

He didn't want to get into it. "I'm fine, mom. Is Tiffany, ok?"

"She's a nervous wreck, but that's Tiffany."

"I'll go see her." Will went to the room his sister was in and went inside. "Hey, sis."

"Will! You made it!" she stood there in her beautiful, sparkling white dress. She didn't look nervous at all. She seemed to be... happy.

"Thanks to you. Thanks for calling the police."

"Hey!" She gave him a serious look. "No one gets to kill you but me."

"You look beautiful."

She smiled, but it faded when she looked at him. "And you look terrible! Did you sleep in a garbage truck? And where's your suit?"

"I didn't have time to pick it up. It's been a long day."

She frowned. "You can't come dressed in jeans and a tee shirt? This isn't a hillbilly wedding!"

There was a knock at the door, and their mom came in holding a suit. "Here's your suit, dear."

Will was shocked. "My suit? How did it get here?"

"The wedding planner said some girl dropped it off." She turned to Tiffany. "Now come along. Or you'll miss your own wedding."

Tiffany stared at her brother's face. "What are the chances, huh? You running into Tory?" she asked.

He shrugged. "We were both coming here anyway so-"

"Will, I didn't invite Tory. I ran into her two days ago."

"You mean... she wasn't coming here at all?"

Tiffany smiled as she shook her head. "You're not that bright, are you? I know you can't see it, or maybe you pretend not to, but that girl loves you. You can't keep pushing people away and blaming others for your problems, Will, otherwise, you're going to end up alone. And you'll only have yourself to blame. I know you and Tory don't see eye to eye, but no couple does. Try to work it out." She looked at herself and the mirror. "Now get dressed and be outside in five minutes or I will kill you!"

Later, at the reception, Will spotted Tory at the buffet table. She was now in a lavender dress with her hair pinned up. He slowly walked over. "I thought you left?"

She turned around, stunned he was behind her. "I did. But your sister had that wedding planner flag my car down and made me put on a dress and sit in the back."

Will sighed. "You look beautiful, Tory."

"Thank you." She turned and focused on the food.

"Tory-"

"Relax. I'm out of here as soon as I make a plate."

He shook his head. "I don't want you to go." She turned to face him. "Tory, you may be annoying, irritating, and a huge pain in the butt..."

She blinked. "Is there a point to this?"

"But I still love you no matter what." he looked into her eyes. "You didn't ruin my life, Tory. You made it interesting and spontaneous! To tell you the truth, without you, I'd be bored to death."

"True." She agreed.

"Look, I'm not sure of long this will last or if we're going to live happily ever after or call another quits. The one thing I am sure about is that I want you with me... for the ride and all the wrong turns in between." He smiled and took her hand.

She grinned and glanced at him suspiciously. "Really?"

"Well, until you get sick of me and push me out into the street again."

"That was an accident!"

He laughed. "Yeah, but you aren't." he leaned in to kiss her, but they were interrupted by his mom.

She smiled. "Tory!" She greeted. "Glad to see you two together again. You should dance and have some cake."

"Actually," Will took Tory's hand into his. "We've got plans."

"We do?" Tory asked, staring at him strangely.

"Yeah, we're off on a road trip." Will smiled. "Who knows what trouble we'll find along the way?"

She smirked. "At least we won't be hungry." She patted her purse. Will quickly realized she was referring to the money she still had and gasped. Before he could speak, she released his hand and turned back to the buffet. "But first, let me get a slice of cake to go."

"Hey Tory!" he shouted. "Let's let Tiffany and her husband cut it first."

"She won't notice."

"This is Tiffany. She notices everything."

She huffed. "Will!"

"Tory."

His mom smirked and turned to walk away. "I hope you two enjoy the ride."