9

"Hello?"

Will didn't recognize the voice. "Mom?"

"No. It's Tiffany."

"Tiffany... oh, hey." He sighed loudly, not wanting to get into another argument with a woman. "How's it going?"

"Well," she began, sighing louder than he had. "My florist showed up with the wrong bouquets, my soon-to-be husband has to bail his best man out of jail, our mom has badly been singing karaoke in front of thirty guests for the past three hours, I have a zit on my face the size of Montana, and to top it all off... my brother is MIA! How do you think it's going, Will?" she shouted.

Will could barely hold the phone to his ear. "Um, sounds like things aren't going so well."

"Where are you?" she demanded. Her voice was stern and angry.

"Um, I don't really know where I am, but I'm on my way."

"What?" she shouted.

"No, no. It's not all bad. Um, I'm headed in the right direction, though. I should be there by... morning."

"When? I need an exact time, otherwise, I will go insane!"

"Uh, no offense, sis' but I think that moment's come and gone." He could already see her face scowling.

"Are you trying to be funny at a time like this? Do you want me to go crazy? Cause I am close to completely flipping out!"

"No Tiffany. I wouldn't want you to go crazy... ier." he mumbled.

She ignored his remark. "Just get here asap! I can't handle your mom anymore!"

"Our mom."

"I'm seriously reconsidering that right now."

He slightly felt bad for his sister. "Tiffany, I said I'd be there, and I'll be there! But I need you to do something for me. Can you call the police?"

"The police?" she screamed.

"Tell them that Tory's car has been stolen as well as several of our belongings, and some men are coming to kill me." Will decided that the truth was best all at once.

"Will, I don't care how many lies you tell to get outta this, but you better show up..."

"I'm serious! Just call the police, alright?" Will shouted.

"Alright. But how did you-"

"Is Tory there yet?"

"Tory?"

Helen returned with keys in hand. "Ok, let's go."

"Gotta go!" He hung up on Tiffany and jumped up, ready to head out the door when his phone rang. Thinking it was his sister, he answered it. "Tiffany, I can't talk now!"

"Enjoying your final hours?" The evil voice made Will's fear return. "Someone here just dying to talk to you."

The next voice he heard made his heart stop. "Will!"

"Tory!"

"Will, I need help!" she cried.

"Where are you? Tory! Tell me where you are!"

"I'm sorry, son, but it doesn't work that way. Now if you want your girl back, do exactly as I say."