"Whatever you say babeh."

(I'm so glad he said that in a friendly joking matter because if he said it in a serious "baby" I think I would have lost. And lord knows I was too lost in this moment to lose myself in something else.)

"I say, I should go get my hair cut."

August frown up, "Fuck no, leave it how it is. It looks just fine."

"That might be the problem. It looks too basic. I need to do something bold."

I start fondling my hair, looking I'm my phone as a mirror.

"It's just not-" I feel eyes on me and when I turn to look,it's August staring at me.

Staring hair and softly smiling with one side of his mouth tuned up.

"What?" I ask.

"I didn't say nothing."

"You're thinking something though."

"Now you can read minds. Who are you Edward Cullen from that lame ass Twilight movie you made me see?"

"See, you always gotta say the most..."

"Well...if you must know what The Auganator was thinking."

"Yes...Auganator? I wanna know what you're thinking."

"I was thinking you look beautiful with your hair like that. And you look nerdy when you finger comb it like that. And you are pretty."

"And what else is on Auganator's mind?"

He bite his lip and look down.

"I don't wanna get in no trouble tonight."

"We both grown."

"Grown people do grown things. Things I don't think you're ready for."

I felt him getting closer and closer to me. Possibly trying to force something that may not be there yet.

But when he reaches out and touches my thigh so gently I suddenly feel ready. Not for nothing in particular but something. Whatever.

"I'm ready for whatever."

"That sound like upstairs talk..."

"Why would we wait?"

"Come ere then," he motion with his finger for me to come closer. Indeed I do.

August grab my legs from the outside and make me straddle him. Soft kisses are trailed from my collarbone to my neck.

"Did you miss me?" He asks, almost in a whisper.

"Umm hmm."

"No not you. You." He reach down and start grabbing intensely. I was motioning witchever way his hands were going. Trying to fight and get more of his hands that were making complete magic through my leggings.

I just knew I was about to get laid and slide in the man I've been missing and craving. But right when you think, some other shit happens.

It's been a long time coming, alot a' dope runnin, hustler trynna dodge the cases- the Yo Gotti song That's What's Up plays on his phone. It was Teak calling him,I could see the screen.

August throw his head back in frustration. I smile, trying not to make this so awkward and hand him the phone.

"Whas good T?" August answer, trying to sound natural.

"What yo ass forgot about the whole plan? I swear if you ain't here in ten minutes, I'm out!"

August eyes go wide and he check the time, "Oh shit! My bad G! I'm on my way."

He move my body off of his and jump up, "Where you going?" I call.

"Ia be back."

Lord knows I didn't miss him saying that whenever he had to make runs.

"Don't wait up for me though! You can go to bed if you want. I'll see you."

"I l-" I started to say I love you, just like old times. But I had to catch myself because we weren't there yet. "Bye."

And once again, I'm by myself. In this empty house.

August POV

After talking to Mimi, I felt better. Too better. I felt like we were becoming closer and on friendly terms. I let my horniness get in the way today which is something I should apologize for in the morning...

But tonight. Tonight is the night I planned to kill her ex Marquis. Straight up kill. He was not only harassing Mimi, but he was a snake. Hanging around the trap, playing buddy-buddy with people. This nigga know all the upcoming drops! For all I know, he could be the cops!

But after looking at Mimi. After talking to her. I knew I couldn't kill him. I knew I couldn't take away another life. Or hurt Mimi again. I just couldn't.

"Aye Teak. I can't do this shit man. I did it before in self-defense and I still gotta seal with that shit. How imma take away a life on my own will? I just can't. I got Mimi and shit at the crib. Shea kill my ass if I killed this nigga... things lookin up right now and I can't risk goin down for some avoidable shit."

Teak just stare at me, registering everything. "I agree fam. You got too much to lose to do this shit. Just go back home dog. Let God take care of that fuck nigga. Hea get his."

"Thanks man." I shake him up and put my car in drive and drive back home.

When I walk in, all the lights are off. I walk up the stairs into the guest room Mimi was sleeping in.

"Mimi, you awake."

She turn a little bit and say "I am now."

"Good. I came back. I felt bad for leaving you here."

"Oh its okay. I'm alright."

I sit in the chair next to the bed. "I know you hate when I leave girl. Don't lie."

"Okay, I hate when you leave."

It was dark in the room but I knew she was smiling.