𝟔𝟎. Necklace

"Do I look alright?" Blaze asked Leah for the third time since they'd left the common room.

"Yes, Blaze. You look great. Splendid. Fantastic." Leah shook her head at him amusedly, but for all it was cute, it was also wearing thin. "Your clothes are fine, you're face is fine. You are fine."

"I don't know why you're so nervous." Liam laughed.

"Well, aren't you guys a little nervous at least?" Ask Blaze. "I mean, this is a date. A real date."

"Right, sure." Liam nodded. "A date with six of us, all people you know and have no reason to be nervous around."

"Okay, stop." Blaze held at his hand defensively. "Your logic and my nerves do not mix well."

"You and logic alone don't mix well." Valentine huffed.

"Thanks." Blaze frowned. "Good to be reminded this is a preexisting condition."

"Your welcome." Valentine raised a brow at his attitude.

Wow. He really must be nervous.

"This is going to be so much fun." Leah was practically vibrating. "Like. It's a tea shop. An actual tea shop. And I'm pretty and my dress is pretty and Blaze is pretty. I can't wait!"

"I'm pretty?" Blaze blinked.

"You're always pretty." Leah tilted her head in that to-stupid-to-be-lying way.

"Am I pretty?" Liam grinned.

"You?" Leah made an odd face and stared at him for a long moment. "Yeah, you're pretty. But we already knew this so it's not as exciting."

"Man, Leah." Liam threw a hand over his heart. "Ever heard of holding back a little? So you don't destroy people with your bluntness? That's Val's thing."

"Well, I think your prettiness is plenty exciting." Blaze clapped a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. "Leah just happens to think my prettiness is more important right now. Try not to think about it."

"Okay, did you both plan this or...?"

"Hey, guys!" Chloe waved to them across the courtyard, dragging Anna behind her. "We're here."

Leah immediately launched herself upon them.

"I am so freaking excited!" She chirped.

"We know." Anna shook her head, smiling lopsidedly. "We heard you keeping your poor roommate awake half the night talking about it."

"Please, do not talk about that." Valentine rubbed her face tiredly. "I don't want to be reminded of that. I'm barely fighting the impulse for murder as it is."

"You love me." Leah skipped over her way. She tried to throw her arm over Valentine's shoulders but she was swiftly evaded.

"Alright." Said Liam. "Then we're just waiting for Jane and- oh. Hey, Jane!"

The group turned to look over at the Ravenclaw and found three instead.

Jane waved at them with a bright smile and then returned to what appeared to be a firm conversation between herself, Christine and Rebecca. 

Christine nodded and tried to step away when Jane spoke again and she paused. Her shoulders were tense in a way that Valentine was sure very few would notice.

Then Rebecca nodded earnestly at something said and gently grabbed Christine's shoulder only for the other girl to pull herself beyond her reach.

Jane said something that formed on her lips like 'goodbye' and then headed over to the group. Her two followers would apparently not be following today.