𝟐𝟕. Umbridge

The steam billowed around Valentine's ankles as she shouldered her way around a family. As usual, the platform was packed with other students, their siblings and parents. She and Draco were caught in a particularly thick part of the crowd and Valentine couldn't even see over it.

Draco glanced back over his shoulder at her. For every inch in height Valentine gained, he seemed to grow two more. He just reached back and grabbed her hand to yank her through a group of young students loitering in the middle of the path.

"Move." Valentine growled menacingly at them as she passed.

Several immediately recognised who she was and pulled their friends out of the way.

"I can walk on my own." Valentine ripped her hand from Draco but he was hardly bothered by her ungrateful demeanour and had already spotted Leah and Blaze standing further away by the train.

"Val!" Leah screamed over the roar of the crowd.

Valentine sighed and shared a less than thrilled look with Draco, having no choice but to trudge towards the screeching girl.

"Not to ever defend Leah of all people," Draco leaned over her and whispered. "but she's not happy with you and well, you were gone for most of the summer."

"I will push you under the train, dearest cousin." Valentine warned lightly as she prepared herself for Leah's initial impact.

"You horrible, you horrible- Just HORRIBLE!" Leah flung herself at Valentine the moment she was in reach. "Where in the world have you been!"

"Leah," Valentine groaned, grabbing her friend's arms and wrenching them from around her neck. "get off me."

"But I missed you so, so, SO MUCH!"

"Blaze." Valentine sent a pointed look to the girl's boyfriend, bright blue eyes burning.

Blaze chuckled nervously and grabbed Leah's waist, prying her off Valentine with some effort.

"Just get off her before she kills us both."

"Let me go, traitor!" Leah bellowed. "I said, LET GO!"

They were attracting all kinds of looks from people on the platform but that was nothing if not standard procedure for then by now.

Blaze scowled, whispered something in the flailing girl's ear and she immediately settled.

"Oh, right!" Leah blinked, suddenly seeming to remember something.

"What the hell was that?" Draco's jaw fell open, truly shocked. "Did someone finally manage to tame the beast?"

"You should already know, Draco! I already told you!" Leah exclaimed.

"I have no clue what you're on about."

"Bridget!" Leah shouted, exasperated. "Blaze's big sister?"

"Oh, right." Draco nodded. "Something about her being an extremely mature badass?"

"Yes! She was so cool, Val! She was smart and beautiful and why didn't you answer any of my letters!"

"Uh-huh, that's fascinating, can we get onto the damn train now?" Valentine pursed her lips impatiently.

"I second that!" Blaze quickly agreed and climbed in first.

"So, anyway, like I was saying," Leah continued on unabashed as they searched for an empty compartment. "I stayed at Blaze's for a while at the beginning of the summer and I got to meet his family. It was seriously so much fun! His brother is hilarious and his sister is just so freaking cool and, oh my god! I almost forgot! Blaze is an uncle! He's an uncle and he never told us!"