Aftermath

Not long after the Evil Masked Figure and the Pterodactyl Ghost disappeared, the police were on the scene asking witnesses what had happened and reporters were reporting about the incident. "Any clues to the cause of the attack? How did the dinosaur get through security? Where did Mystery Inc.'s plan go wrong?" Heather Jasper-Howe asks, as police secure the scene.

The gang had stayed after the incident and have been questioned, but were trying to find clues and recover after the attack. Velma took a closer look at the Pterodactyl Ghost's exhibit and opens a lid. "A secret hatch!" She says, and Ben walks over and looks into it. "The real Pterodactyl Ghost must have come through here!" Velma exclaims in realization. Ben noticed a green glow from the hatch, "Hey, what is that?" He asks, pointing at it. Velma looks to find it and carefully removes it. She brings it up to her face to her to examine it. "A reptilian scale. A most wonderful clue." She says breathless, starring at it in amazement.

"He stole two costumes," Fred says, making Velma and Ben direct their attention towards him, "The Black Knight Ghost and the Ten Thousand Volt Ghost." He says. "But why would some masked creep and a suppose to be extinct, giant, naked bird want with some old costumes anyway?" Kevin asks, the question on everyone's mind. "That's what we're gonna find out." Gwen says, laying a hand in his shoulder.

"Fred, Daphne. Could you answer a few questions for the press?" Heather Jasper-Howe asks. Fred was about to say yes until Daphne stops him, "Uh, Fred? I don't think that's really a good idea. We always face the press after we've unmasked the creeps. We looked ridiculous back there." She whispers to him. "Don't worry about us, sweetheart. The press loves us." He assures and smirks at the press, as he and Daphne walk to them.

In the morning, the gang have gathered in the living room at Mystery HQ and was watching the TV, showing the report from last night. "The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall. And Myself Inc. fell far...." Heather Jasper-Howe reports. "...In the embarrassing debacle that tarnished the reputation of the once-great gang. It was an utter disaster as two of the gang's key members, Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers and Scoobert 'Scooby' Doo, are seen here causing untold damage to Coolsville's hottest new tourist attraction, which took a whole two years to complete." The TV shows footage of Shaggy and Scooby being dragged by the Pterodactyl Ghost throughout the exhibit. Ben just sneers at the woman, her words are tarnishing Mystery Inc. making it seem as though the gang is responsible for the damage, which is NOT true. And not perfect, which no one is.

"When asked for comment, Fred Jones, leader of Mystery Incorporated, had this to say, 'little old Coolsville can solve its problems without us.'" "I didn't say that!" Fred exclaims quickly, as Velma gets up from the couch and walks to the TV. "I mean... I did, but.. that's out of context!" He defends. "This is Heather Jasper-Howe, disillusioned from Coolsville." Velma turns off the TV.

"It's all my fault." Velma says suddenly. "I'm the one who told Shaggy and Scooby to get the ropes." "No, Velma, it's my fault." Daphne intervenes. "Guys, it's no one's fault. We didn't know that would happen." Gwen says. "Besides, it's not like it's much anyway. Shaggy and Scooby are just accident prone." Kevin adds. "Kevin's right. We all know how Shaggy and Scooby can be. But it's all right. We just need to stay strong, in control, and work fast." Fred says, getting down to business.

"Come on, gang. Let's get to the lab." Velma speaks up. "We'll figure a way out of this Jurassic jumble." She says, as she heads to the lab with Daphne, Fred, Gwen, and Kevin following her. Ben got up and follows after them but stops and sees Shaggy and Scooby in the kitchen, looking sad. He realizes that they must have heard everything and goes over to check on them. "Hey." He gets their attention as they look at him, "You know we don't blame you guys. This stuff happens. But if anything has taught me throughout the years, is that you can't let anything bring you down." He tells them, and goes to the lab.