Unexpected Guests

Everyone was now inside the museum, all the costumes donated by Mystery Inc. on full display. "Fred, can you tell us a little about the exhibit?" Heather Jasper-Howe asks. "Absolutely. Mystery Inc. is proud to donate the costumes we've unmasked in the past." Fred answers. "Like the Black Knight Ghost, one of our very first cases." Daphne says, gesturing to said costume.

"The Ten Thousand Volt Ghost." Velma says, as she, Scooby, and Shaggy gesture to said costume, "Ruh huh." "Skeleton Men and even the dreaded Pterodactyl Ghost." Gwen says as she walks past said costumes while gesturing to them. "Even some of the more ridiculous costumes have also been donated. Like Chickenstein." Kevin says, standing next to said costume. Some reporters asks them to stand next to costumes to take pictures.

"Ridiculous? Obviously he forgot that dude tried to pluck us." Shaggy says to Scooby, "Reah." The canine responds, two laugh at the memory. "Considering what you guys go through regularly, you probably been in way more bizarre situations." Ben jokes as he walks with them. They all laugh together until Daphne starts walking with them. "Guys, come on. Remember what we talked about." She says. "Never pick your nose in public?" Shaggy asks. Ben snorts but coughs to cover it up. "No...but that's good too." Daphne responds. "Rimage is everything." Scooby answers.

"Yes! Image is everything. The whole city's watching so try and keep a brave face." Daphne says. The four stop in front of the Pterodactyl Ghost costume, making Shaggy and Scooby freeze in fear. "They're just costumes." Daphne asserts then walks off. "If it makes you feel any better, pretend it's Halloween." Ben says and walks off too. "They're right, Scoob. Up close, they look totally fake." Shaggy says. But then the Pterodactyl's eyes blink, frightening the two and rush off somewhere else.

Ben sees Gwen and walks over to her. She hands him a glass of punch and he takes it, thanking her. "It's really great, isn't it? I mean the gang deserves some praise after all the stuff they've gone through. And it's been fun solving mysteries again." Gwen says. Ben nods agreeing with her as he sips the drinks. "I know what you mean." He sighs out, lowering his drink. They look to see Fred, Daphne and Kevin talking to some reporters but couldn't see Velma. "Hey, have you seen Velma?" Ben asks Gwen. She shakes her head no but then looks to find Kevin talking to a red-haired man wearing glasses.

He looks to find her looking at him then smiles and waves her over. Gwen and Ben put down their drinks and go over to him. "I hope you guys don't mind, but 'Mister Curator' here wants to asks some questions." He tells them once they make it over. The man lends his hand out to shake, "I'm Patrick Wisely, curator of this museum. I have heard a lot about you guys and I was wondering what lead you to becoming mystery solvers?" He asks them politely.

They shake his hand and before they could answer, thunder was heard outside along with lightning flashing causing a blackout and a window high above to shatter. "What's happening?" Velma asks, as she, Fred, Daphne and the teens regroup. Daphne's attention was then drawn to one of the costumes that was covered with a red curtain and a green glow surrounds it. She slowly walks over to it and Gwen looks over to her as she grabs the curtains and opens them revealing the Pterodactyl Ghost. Alive and screeching.

"Oh boy." Daphne says, frightened. The Pterodactyl breaks the glass but Gwen creates a shield above Daphne just in time to prevent glass shards from hurting her. Daphne stumbles and falls back. "Daphne!" Fred exclaims in worry, he and the others hurry to her. Seeing the live ghost made the people scream in fear as they hurry to run away. The Pterodactyl Ghost starts flying around the place, causing more panic.

"We need to come up with a plan!" Fred says. "Hiding is our plan." Shaggy says, frightened. "Reah." Scooby agrees, whimpering in fear. The two were hiding behind one of the costumes in fright. "In case you haven't notice, there's an unidentified freaky object in here!" Shaggy exclaims. The ghost grabs the Black Knight Ghost costume as it flies around. "The curtains!" Velma exclaims. "Got it!" Kevin exclaims as he, Fred, and Daphne hurry to the curtains. "Come on, you chickens! Grab those ropes!" Velma exclaims at Shaggy and Scooby as she hurries to join the others. "Rokay!" "But chickens aren't good with ropes!" The two scramble to get the ropes.

"We got him!" Kevin exclaims, as he and Fred grab one end of the curtains and Daphne grabs the other with Ben, who transformed into Four Arms to keep the Pterodactyl at bay. Gwen summoned some tendrils to keep it tied up until Shaggy and Scooby can use the rope. "Shaggy, Scooby," Velma joins to help with the curtain. "Tie the ropes securely around it!" Gwen finishes, grunting to maintain the tendrils as the ghost struggles to get free. "It's just a costume! It's just a costume! It's just a costume!" Shaggy repeats, as he and Scooby move their way around the Pterodactyl, tying it up.

"We did it! Let go!" Shaggy exclaims. The others let go, but the ropes drop to the floor and the curtains open, revealing the Pterodactyl to have its arms cross and smirking down at them. It lets out another screech and takes flight again. However, Shaggy and Scooby looked to find they tied the rope around its ankles and find that their wrists were tied at the other end. They share a scared look before getting dragged by the Pterodactyl, screaming as they take flight.

"We have to save Shaggy and Scooby!" Fred exclaims, as he and the others rush after to catch up with them. "As usual!" Velma adds. Ben dials the Omnitrix and transforms into Jet Ray and flies after the Pterodactyl but not firing at it as he worries that he might hit Shaggy and Scooby.

"MYSTERY INCORPORATED!" A new voice was heard, making everyone stop and look up to find a masked stranger wearing all black with a cloak standing on the broken window. "This is only the first rung on the ladder of your demise." He says. The Pterodactyl continues to fly around the area, leading Shaggy and Scooby to crash into the Skeleton Men and Red Beard's Ghost costumes. But Daphne sees the sword flung into the air and hurries to catch it. She looks to Ben and he gets the message and flies in front of the ghost, being careful not to get hit by it.

"And this time, you'll be the ones unmasked. As the buffoons you truly are!" The Evil Masked Figure exclaims. The Pterodactyl grabs the Ten Thousand Volt Ghost costume with its beak and Daphne takes her chance and cuts the rope, freeing Shaggy and Scooby. Ben slows down and goes under the ghost and turns around to catch them. But the impact was too much, resulting in the three of them to crash into the Frankenstein and Chickenstein costumes.

The Evil Masked Figure laughs maniacally as it grabs the rope attached to the Pterodactyl's leg, the two flying off into the night sky.