043. fourty three

imessage

bash
drinks tonight 👀🙏

bella
i am literally 20 feet away from u rn

bash
yes but it's really quiet and i don't wanna break the silence awkwardly

bella
yeah i'm down

bella
OH i needed to talk to u abt something anyways

bella
so no joe just us pls

bash
you want to talk shit about joe?

bella
no😭 but it's something that involves him and i don't wanna talk to him abt it

bash
i'm intrigued

"so... kit and i want to live together," bella tells sebastian that night. "which means i would not be living with joe, obviously. do you think you would want consider living with him? you practically live at our place already."

"have you mentioned this to joe?" he asks.

"no just because we aren't certain about it, but we both want to. i just don't want to ditch joe since he's my best friend. i'd only do it if he would be rooming with you."

"yeah, of course i would."

"okay, cool."

"i assume you guys want to still live in london, right?" sebastian asks, and bella nods.

"yeah."

"i still can't believe you guys broke up."

"yeah. me either," she replies, finishing what was her third drink that she was now beginning to feel. "imagine like, if we all lived together, though. like friends. that would be really funny. oh my god, we should make our own sitcom."

"i think the drinks are getting to you."

"shut up. no they're not," bella replies. "i'm going to get another one. i'll be right back." she stands up, stumbling slightly for a second before walking back to the bar. after getting herself another drink, she manages to walk without falling back to the booth the two were at at.

"you should see how you're walking right now," sebastian says, trying not to laugh. "it's really bad."

"how are you sober right now?" she grumbles. "you've had just as much as me."

"i'm not sober, i can just control my words and handle my drinks well. you had your first drink literally this year."

"i just think like—" bella moves her hand, nearly knocking her drink over, "oh, shit. okay, i just think that like... nevermind. i forgot what i was going to say."

"and i think that's going to be your last drink," he laughs. "we should probably get going, anyways. we can go watch a movie at your place."

"okay!"

when bella and sebastian get to her apartment, she's surprised to see kit inside.