2

"Wentworth Tozier."

"W-Went? What?" Maggie stuttered after a long silence.

All of the loser's faces fell flat and their eyes were wide, mouths hanging open.

"Sorry you had to find out like this, mom."

"No no no, don't apologize! How long has he been hurting you for?!" she asked, gently holding Richie's shoulders as she looked at him.

"Years."

Everyone nearly gasped at this.

"Wha..what..?!" Maggie asked again.

"You never found out because it always happened whenever you were working. I just told you it was school bullies because dad threatened me. Told me if I told you then he'd kill me with his bare hands," Richie said.

"Holy shit," Stanley whispered.

"Oh my fuck, Richie, why didn't you tell us?!" Eddie blurted out, and Richie snapped his neck towards the shorter boy.

Richie shrugged and looked at the grass once again. He hadn't moved from his position.

Maggie hugged Richie again, and he buried his head in her chest. He let a few tears roll down his cheeks as he huffed.

Eddie tapped Maggie's shoulder and she turned her head, not letting go of her son.

Eddie pointed to Richie, then pointed to his own arms. Maggie looked down at Richie, as she held one hand on his head and the other around his waist.

She softy look his arm in her hand and he let her. He couldn't fight anymore. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth. She started to cry and hugged Richie much tighter.

"Oh my god, oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so so so sorry, Richie honey, I'm sorry," she whimpered as she cried.

He held her hand in his.

"It's okay. It's not your fault," he said, still crying.

They both cried and the losers grew more concerned as they watched the two weep into one another.

She cleared her throat and sniffed finally, and rubbed Richie's hand.

"I can't believe I didn't know," she whispered, then placed a kiss on Richie's head.

"Mom, it's fine." Richie tried to reassure her.

"It is not fine! Your own father hurts you, and he tried to kill you! And.. and you.." she only continued to cry, and Richie finally hugged back.

"I'm okay now, mom. I promise," he said.

"But you haven't been for.. how long, Richie? How long?"

Richie froze. He cleared his throat.

"Since I was five."

Her heart dropped and the losers felt his or hers shatter as well.

Bill, Eddie and Stan had only met Richie at five years old, when they all started kindergarten together. They noticed the bruises then, but didn't think too much of it. They were only five.

But now that they're older, they should've noticed. But they didn't. Richie was too happy. Too energetic. Every day.

Never let that stop you from asking.

"Oh my god.." Maggie cried.

The losers joined into the hug, crying and holding Richie tightly.

"Come on, we're going home," Maggie sniffed, holding Richie's hand in hers as she stood.