Chapter 3: Bombs Away!

Start from the beginning

"Just think it like this, Komaru." Akira raised up a finger and talked to Komaru as if she was a baby. "Weird badass megaphone gun shoots out energy blasts to control machines."

"...Oh, I get it!" Komaru's face lit up.

Toko faceplamed. "Seriously?!"

"But this doesn't work on every machine, right? I wonder why not..." Komaru mused.

Toko shrugged. "Well I'm just an intern, so I don't really know the details, but I know it's a research project. M-Maybe it's made so that it doesn't work on machines you don't need to use...?"

"Well that's...convenient." Komaru said. "But, I have learned one thing!"

"Wh-What's that?"

"This gun works as well on humans as the ray guns do against Crystal Bowie!"

"...What." Akira deadpanned.

Toko blinked. "Wow, now that's an obscure reference... How old did you say you were?"

---

"I think we should go here." Komaru said as she looked at the Monokuma sign that pointed to the door to the right.

"Oh yeah, let's just follow the obviously untrustworthy sign that has Monokuma on it...! I'm sure that's not gonna lead to something bad!" Toko sarcastically replied.

"C'mon, what's the worst that can happen?" Komaru walked through the door with Toko and Akira following, with the former being somewhat begrudgingly. The three walked only to be stifled by a yellow shipping containing blocking their way.

Toko groaned. "Oh great. How are we supposed to get up there?"

 "Hup!" Akira grunted as she jumped up high enough to grab the edge and pull herself up.

"...Show off..."

"Well, we can't jump as high as she can, so it looks like we can only climb this by working together." Komaru told her.

"W-Work together? With you!?" Toko's eye twitched before sighing. "Gah, guess we don't have a choice... Do you wash your hands?"

Komaru face flared up. "O-Of course I wash my hands!"

With that, Komaru stood on top of Toko's shoulders and climbed up. Getting her bearings, she then proceeded to grab Toko and pull her up. The three walked to the other side and jumped down, but the moment they did...

"Hm?" Akira wondered as a grenade came flying towards them. Landing on the ground, it instantly exploded, though it didn't cause any lasting damage to the girls.

"Ahh!" Komaru yelped.

Akira looked at Komaru with a deadpan stare. "...What's the worst that can happen, huh?"

"Ohoho!" A voice laughed as the girls turned to two Monokumas.