Chapter 21 ~ Childes office ~

"What did you want to talk to me about ?" I asked as I stood in front of him.

"I've set up for you work near your old space for a while" he says as he skips straight to the point.

"W-what?" I ask taken aback.

I know I walked out and threw a mini tantrum, but I've actually gotten used the area I do my work.

"Don't worry, your next to Akio and Kaori" he adds with a small smile.

"Thanks" I mumble.

"Am I fired?" I ask confused wanting to know why he's making this decision.

"Hm, no. It's just for a while just to give us some space" he explains.

"Oh" I a whisper as I look down.

There's no point arguing, I mean I'm happy I'm working next to them. But for some reason I feel kind of... upset? About his decision.

I don't know.

"Y/n" he calls my name.

I look up waiting and hum waiting for him to carry on.

"Never mind" he says as he loudly breathes out.

I complete the rest of my work next to the others.

"So let me get this straight he just kicked you out?!" Akio yells confused.

"Well kinda I guess, I don't know okay" I say as I mess up my hair, feeling just as confused.

"Ahh cheer up y/n!! Your still his assistant. And besides didn't you want to be further way from him?" Kaori says trying to cheer me up.

I pause, she's right. This whole time I've been complaining about being near him and now that I'm actually getting some space I'm feeling weird about it.

"Your right, it's probably because it's disturbing my routine , I'll probably feel better later" I say as I smile.

I look back at my laptop and start typing again.

"Um y/n, can I speak to you" I suddenly hear kaori's voice.

I look up and at her, pausing for a second.

"Sure?" I say more like a question.

She doesn't say anything but looks at Akio I'm guessing she wants him to leave.

"Ahh I'll head to the toilet real quick" he says as he scratches that back of his head.

My eyes follow him as he disappears then I turn to Kaori giving her a confused look.

She sighs.

"Y/n, I just wanted to tell you" I pauses

I stay quiet waiting for her to finish.

"I like Mr Childe" she abruptly says and stares into my eyes.

I stay quiet.

I know, is what I wanted to say.

I've known since she's joined, but why do I still feel unhappy about her confession? It's not like me and Childe have anything special.

Heck he probably doesn't even like me in a normal way. 

Why do I still feel betrayed, even though she's liked him for ages.

Deep down in the back of my head I've hoped that she'd give up.

But why, I didn't care before.

It's only recently that I've started to question my own feelings.

But I honestly don't know how I feel towards Childe anymore, I know I don't hate him the way I used to.