Chapter 2 ~ So much for not being "child friendly"~

I was sitting opposite him, waiting for him to speak.

I saw him looking at his desk, in deep thought.

Until I heard a sigh.

He looked up at me with his lip slightly bitten.
I could tell he was still reluctant to say what was on his mind.

"I'm only saying this once, so listen up" he finally spoke.

I nod as I wait for him to carry on.

"While Teucer is here you will help maintain the image that we work in a toy institution." He stated, not wanting any debate on the matter.

"T-toy institution?" I asked, slightly taken aback.

He poked his tongue in his cheek clearly feeling slightly irritated.

"Yes" he  re- affirmed.

"So much for not being child friendly" I mutter under my breath finding the situation amusing.

I try to hold on my laughter as I saw him looking at me, but I straightened up after a few seconds, seeing that he was not budging. 

"For the time being you will have different jobs assigned to you" he asserts as he still gives me a direct stare.

"Huh" I suddenly changed my expression when hearing him speak.

I could see him getting fed up with my attitude, which made me regret my action.

"Y/n, I don't want to have to remind you but don't drop your formality when speaking to me. I am your superior. Don't make me remind you again" he says casually, but I could hear the annoyed undertone.

"Sorry" I gave a small polite bow, whilst still seated.

I really want to leave, we've spoken more today than we have this whole week and I'm not enjoying it.

I see him suddenly get up and walk over to the large window behind his chair.

He didn't speak for a while he he just stood and looked out. Of course I didn't interrupt the quietness in the room.

"Teucer is still a kid, working with toys is probably the coolest job for a kid, I just want him to look up to me." He randomly says still facing the window with his back facing me.

"O-oh right" I stutter caught slightly off guard by the sudden break of the silence and random piece of information that I was told.

I'm not sure what use to is information is to me, but I kept quite. As I was sitting in the silence I couldn't help but think.

Why am I being dragged into this? And does the is mean I'll have to talk to him more?

The silence continued to drag on, I stayed sitting in the chair as he was facing the window. I didn't really know what to say or do.

"Thank you, in advance" he suddenly but hesitantly says, not looking at me.

What is with him and saying random things today.

Still it's very new that he said thank you to me, although I could tell he was reluctant to thank me as it was still slightly cold with a hint of his usual dismissive tone.

I hear him say it a lot to the others, but to me it's usually a nod, which is what surprised me most.

Not knowing how to react I just give an enthusiastic nod.

He could see my reflection though the glass, so he left it at that.

"How long do I have to stay there, I'm getting bored!!" We suddenly hear, as the door gets pushed open.