Unkept Promises (Tartaglia/Lumine)

"Childe!"

    The man in question turned at the sound of his name. His usual attire wavered from the norm, as it was coated in traces of Electro. Not even his face remained uncovered, hidden away behind a mask.

    "Lumine, I can't say I'm surprised to encounter you here," the grin could easily be heard in his voice. "Actually, I was hoping you'd show up."

    "Why's that?"

    "Because you'd offer me a good match, I have no doubt in my mind about that."

    The Traveller sighed, drawing her sword. "I'm afraid I have no choice; your true colours are a danger to too many people."

    "Don't worry, I promise you..." he waved his blades and shot himself at Lumine, "That this is for a good cause!"

    Both hands gripped to the hilt as Lumine tried to hold back the sudden surge of sheer force. But while she stood on the defensive, Childe's Electro Delusion pulsated through his sharpened blades, which made her fly backwards.

    Although it amounted to nothing, Paimon supported Lumine's shoulder, in an attempt to help her stand straight. The Traveller gritted her teeth, now knowing the power which her enemy mastered.

    "Lumine, are you okay?" Paimon exclaimed worriedly, waving in front of her companion.

"You should stay back, at all costs."

    "But-"

    Her response was left unheard, as Lumine rushed back into the fray. Even though she kept obedient, her worries hadn't simply dissolved. With a frown, the companion looked on as the battle got heated.

    "I admire your resolve, Lumine," Childe mused, swinging his blades almost effortlessly.

    If she were a second too late, she would've been cut up. But her instincts hadn't failed her, for she ducked under each and every swipe, desperately grazing the ground with her fingers.

    Sudden tremors erupted, before three large spikes broke through the floor. At least one of the Geo infused pillars managed to get a solid blow on Childe's abdomen, pressuring him to step back and rebalance himself.

    "Such a desperate move, yet surprisingly effective," he paused to monologue.

    The Traveller took no moment of hesitation not to listen to him. This was het initiative to dig into his defensive, as she lightened each of her steps with the grace of Anemo, shaking her momentum just slightly in her favour.

    No matter what kind of blade it may be, once it's become a threat to one's life, it often shakes their footing. This was precisely the pressure Childe experienced, now that Lumine had nearly pressed her steel across his face.

    Laughter. He simply laughed as he effortlessly seemed to hold her back with the blades of his own, even though he was barely able to hold them up just a second earlier.

    "I knew it!" His laughter kept ongoing. "I knew you'd be a blast to spar with!"

    As much as he tried to shake it off, Lumine understood that she forced Childe into a defensive position. It was time for answers.

    "Tell me, Childe," she began. "Or Tartaglia, even," she spat. "What necessity is there in threatening the entirety of Liyue? Could you not give some sort of reason, at the very least?"

    The clashing of Childe's high-pressure blades against Lumine's offence audibly maintained the tension. Yet despite everything that went on, the Snezhnayan warrior couldn't help but chuckle.