𝖎𝖎. ❛A TOAST TO ANEW ❜

❝ I want to call you 'my beloved' yet such words affections elude me. ❞

_______________

_______________

"DO YOU THINK MY DECISION TOO HASTY?"

SHE TURNED TO her sister who sat tall on the cushion and was busy drinking a cup of tea that Tomoka had prepared. Chisato, the newly married bride of Kujou Kamaji, had finally returned to the Hiiragi estate to see her dear sister after her brief honeymoon.

"(y/n), dear sister... I think Tomoka was right. You really do worry too much." Chisato sighed, setting the ceramic down to converse with her sister, watching as she paced back and forth. "Come sit with me. You have just become heir, you should enjoy yourself a bit."

The Heir sighed, wandering over to her sister with a frown ever present on her lips as Chisato served her a cup of tea. "Here, drink up."

"Many thanks, Chisato..." She took the ceramic out of her sister's hand graciously, taking a sip to savor. "But I'm afraid I have too much on my plate at the moment... This includes my marriage..."

Chisato nodded, sharing a similar expression as her sister's. "I understand... however I must remind you that now that I have named you heir, you have more time to sort out the details of your position. Take your time, sister. I'll be here to support you in any way I can."

The Heir remained hesitant. Her face was still etched with worry even with Chisato's words. She let out a sigh, finishing the rest of her drink without much to say.

"Does my sister have something in mind?" Chisato pried, always capable of reading her sister's expressions. "I'm here to lend you an ear if you wish to express your thoughts."

The Heir sighed, her lips thinning to a frown. "I'm worried that my sudden decision to court Kamisato Ayato may be a mistake."

"Oh?" Chisato perked up, suddenly gaining interest in her sister's words as a smile grew on her lips. "Why is that?"

Her sister groaned, hands moving up to the sides of her head, rubbing her temple to ease herself of an oncoming headache. "Womanizer he may not be... I simply cannot figure out whether or not he meant the words in earnest when he asked me to be his equal. It's not like him to suddenly court anyone... But my situation is dire and he is well aware of this. I do not know if he... means it."

The Heir heard a giggle in response to her words. A flush rises to her cheeks as she turns to see Chisato giggle at her. "What... What is so amusing...?"

Chisato waves it off, her voice full of laughter and mirth. "Oh... it's nothing. I never thought my sister would be so concerned about marriage, let alone a man. It's... almost cute."

"Cute...?! Don't be ridiculous... I..." The Heir looked away, hands moving to pour herself another cup of tea to distract from the conversation. "I simply share the same sentiments as you do regarding marriage."