𝖎𝖎𝖎. ❛ PETALS IN COLD TEA ❜

this is the very еcstasy of love. whose violent property foredoes itself, and leads the will to desperate undertakings

 whose violent property foredoes itself, and leads the will to desperate undertakings ❞

_______________

IT IS TO everyone's horrified surprise when the failed heir of the Hiiragi Clan agreed to the invitation to have a luncheon with the Yashiro Commissioner. Suddenly everything became all the more political as many of the upper clans began rumors and hearsay that (l/n) (y/n) saw this as an opportunity to seize political authority for herself. Others claimed that it was Kamisato Ayato's idea to possibly take the Kanjou Commission's authority through tactical manipulation. Or... perhaps there was a secret love affair going on between the two of them.

The news spread like wildfire, inciting many to rush to the doors of the Kamisato Estate in order to catch glimpses of the two of them. Alas, they were unsuccessful as Ayaka, ever cunning, had already prepared for such an occasion.

She had arranged a secret meeting between her brother and Lord (y/n) through the help of Lady Yae (she was rather adamant about helping; Ayato presumed her willingness to lend a hand was due to her own intrigue), providing them a secretive location not far from the Grand Narukami Shrine to save them from the prying eyes of the public.

A small pavilion was created for seclusion and quietude. It was entirely surrounded by sakura trees which hid them in groves of pink petals and green thickets. A few servants were present, including Thoma who stood by Ayato's side as they awaited the honored guest from Ritou.

"My lord."

Ayato glanced to his side, turning to ever faithful chief retainer with a slight smile. "What is it, Thoma?"

"Pardon my curiosity but... I wished to ask why my lord arranged this event with Lord (y/n)."

Ayato chuckled softly, looking past the fact that this wasn't his arrangement but rather his sister's doing. Nevertheless, he took to sating Thoma's intrigue with careful words.

"It was at Ayaka's insistence that I started meeting with potential paramours. To humor everyone, I thought I should do my part as the spectacle of this season's marriage market, yes?"

Very few could ever pick up on Ayato's distinct sarcasm. Thoma found pride in this skill, perhaps he was naturally good at reading people— or perhaps it was the time spent with the Yashiro Commissioner that made him capable of reading his employer with such skill.

"May I ask you something personal, my lord?"

Ayato hummed quietly. "Go ahead."

Thoma did not hesitate. "Does my lord think Lord (y/n) is a suitable candidate?"

Ayato has never quite thought of her as a suitable candidate. Frankly, the word itself diminished his thoughts even considering marriage entirely as he feels rather distant from the concept. He's never quite indulged himself in the rapture of romance nor did he find much pleasure in doing so. Which begs the question of whether or not he would marry?