Chapter 7

Will opened his eyes, it was pitch black in the room and he couldn't feel the presence of Boris anywhere near him. Once his eyes adjusted he was shocked at where he was, looking around frantically.

He was back in Hawkins. His old room to be specific.

"No no no! How is this possible?!" Will said, his voice distorted and quiet. Will reached up for his throat, not being able to hear himself very well.

He started hearing talking, no, more like arguing. Two young boys. Will got up and walked out of his old room and suddenly he was out side of Mike's house, staring at where the arguing was coming from.

"It's not my fault you don't like girls!" The voice of Mike rang out.

Will leaned against the wall outside of Mike's house, covering his ears and trying to muffle out the argument. "No no no! Stop! Stop! Mom! Jonathan! El. Boris. Anyone! Help!" Will screamed out, his voice almost muted. He gripped tightly onto his hair, rocking back and forth. "Someone please!" He then saw a pair of shoes step in front of him. Will lifted his head and saw Mike, a soft smile on his face.

"You don't need him, Will. Not when I'm here for you now." Mike's voice was clear as day but it echoed through Will's brain, hurting it.

"What? Who?" Will asked, tears already falling down his cheeks and sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Boris. He doesn't really love you." Mike's voice turned deep and sort of glitchy. "He just says he does so he can break your heart once you fully trust him. Mike's eyes went dark and black veins danced across his face.

Then suddenly Will was in the Upside Down again. Still outside of Mike's house but it was crumbling and there were vines all around.

"He just keeps you around for jokes. Do you really think he cares for you? Do you really think that he would do anything for someone like you?" Mike crouched over and grabbed Will's chin firmly. "You are nobody. He doesn't love you. He would never love a nobody like you."

'Like you' echoed through Will's brain, he shut his eyes tightly and begged to wake up from this nightmare. He hugged himself and looked up, seeing that he was now in a black obis, nothing to taunt him or call him a nobody. Just silence. An eri silence.

"I-I want to leave.." And suddenly he was back in Lenora, Boris next to him. Will could feel sweat dripping down the side of his face, his breathing uneasy. Boris was a pretty light sleeper so he heard Will's uneven breathing and turned over to face him.

"William? Are you okay?" Will flinched at the sound of Boris' voice, his heart pounding against his chest as he sat up. His brain was throbbing against his skull and he just needed a breather. Or something.

"Yeah I'm fine. I guess I just need some fresh air." Will got off of the bed, shortly followed by Boris. Will got up and walked over to his window, opening it all the way and looking out and up at the top of the roof. Boris got up as well, walking over to Will and looked shocked as Will climbed out and made his way on top of the roof.

"William be careful!" Boris said in a hushed shout, climbing out after Will and meeting him on the roof. The sun was just below the horizon, birds chirping. "Wow. Do you come here often?" Boris asked, looking out at the sunrise.

"Mhm. Mostly when I'm stressed." Will sat down, hugging his knees as he watched the sunrise.

"Stressed? Why are you stressed?" Boris asked, sitting next to Will and looking at him instead of the sunrise this time.

"Just a bad dream I guess. I don't know why it got me so stressed. It's not like I haven't had dreams similar to them but it was just different this time."