Chapter 31 ~ Harry

Chapter 31 ~ Harry

I cannot help it, fury burns in my veins when I see him hugging her the way I hug her. And it’s even worse when she accepts to go on a date with him. Jealousy is eating me from the inside and I clench my fists so tight my nails sink into my flesh leaving marks on my skin. The performance was incredible, seeing her like that took my breath away, but then this guy hugged her like that and I saw red.

And the worst part, I can’t control this. I’ve never felt like this before, so possessive over someone. I don’t know if it’s because I want to believe Hannah also has feelings for me but I can’t be sure, not until she accepts it and until then, anyone can be a threat and I want her too much to let someone else take her away from me.

I hate Max.

But I hate the effect he has on me even more, what he makes me do. I didn’t want this to happen like this, I didn’t want to push Hannah like this but I just reached my limit. It’s been a long time, I need her to accept what she feels and this is the only way I could think of.

That’s why I kissed her.

I imagined this moment so many times, I dreamt of her in my arms, giving into the kiss with the same passion and necessity. But I never pictured it like this, yet it’s still more than what I ever expected. Even if she is not kissing me back, I am kissing her. Finally.

She resists, she tries to push me away but I don’t give up, I don’t let her. I know she will give in, I know she will. Slowly, her body finally melts against mine and she stops pushing, her hands grab my jumper and it’s then when I deepen the kiss, cocking my head just to have a better access, coaxing her to give in even more, to part her lips, but she stills resists. I kiss her, her soft lips pressed against mine, sweet and full, addictive as I never imagined.

I hug her a bit tighter, pulling her body closer to mine, my hands sliding to her back, keeping her trapped in my embrace. I feel like my whole body is in flames, my heart hammering in my ribcage, my lungs screaming at me to give them some air but I can’t, I can’t stop, not when she’s stopped fighting me and starts to kiss me back.

But then she goes stiff and with strength that she didn’t use before, she pushes me, setting free and stepping back. Her eyes are wide open, shock all over her features as she breathes heavily. She takes her hand to her lips whilst I still can feel hers over mine, her taste still lingering there.

Before I can say something, she closes the distance between us in two steps and her hand finds my cheek in a loud and painful slap that leaves me staring at my right.

“Never… do… that… again.” She breathes and I don’t look at her. “Did you hear me? Never!” She shouts next and this time I meet her eyes. They are teary, as if she’s about to cry and all that jealousy that was burning in my body before, all that passion and lust I felt when I kissed her, fade away when I see her like that, like she’s about to break down.

“Hannah, wait. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to push–”

“Never!” She screams grabbing her violin and case, not bothering with putting the instrument inside of it, and she runs away before I can stop her.

I feel like a complete and absolute arse. I always knew she wasn’t ready for this, yet my jealousy made me do it anyways. Now I’ve probably broken that trust that has taken me so long to win, just because I couldn’t control myself. It wouldn’t surprise me if she doesn’t want to talk to me ever again. I’m an idiot.

But she kissed me back. In a moment she did, for a few seconds, but she did. She melted against my body and kissed me back, until she realised of what she was doing. Then that means she has feelings for me, she isn’t as indifferent as she wants to make me believe. I’ve proved my point here, and I’m sure she will realise that too. She won’t stop thinking of this kiss, even if she’s just told me to never do it again.