7. Sunday

Meredith woke up the next morning. She had a bit of a headache and was more tired than usual. She felt Dereks bare chest against his back. He was spooning her, and had a tight grip around her waist.

She looked down and realised she was in her underwear. Feeling slightly insecure she pulled the covers tighter to her body. They hadn't had sex, she knew that, but they had been close. She was nervous about his reaction. He had told her it wasn't a drunken mistake, but then he was still drunk. What if he had changed his mind?

Derek suddenly groaned into her ear. He kissed her temple without even opening his eyes. She could feel him rising against her thigh.

"Morning." He said in his morning voice.

"Morning. To you both apparently." She teased.

He cleared his throat and moved a bit away from her when he realised what she was talking about. He was embarrassed. She had made her wishes clear last night. Why wouldn't his body accept that?

"Sorry" She said quickly.

"We should.." He said uncomfortable. "We should talk about yesterday."

"Yeah, we should." She agreed. "I'm sorry, i know you said it wasn't a drunken mistake but if you changed your mind that is fine. You know, we are friends and maybe it should stay that way. I mean you are my best friend and I don't want to ruin that over some drunken mistake." She rambled.

"I said we not you" He said, teasing her about her rambling. "I don't, I don't think it was a mistake. Do You?" He said, she could her the hurt in his voice.

"No."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"So, do you want to practise some more maybe?" He smirked at her.

"Maybe."

"Okay."

"Okay." She giggled.

He pinned her to the bed, straddled her and leaned down to her lips. His lips reached hers, and brushed over them softly. She deepened the kiss slightly. He licked her lower lip, his tongue begging to enter her mouth. She parted her lips slightly and their tongues started to wrestle.

"Derek!"

They heard a voice for outside the door, and broke apart. They layed down next to each other on the bed.

"Come in." Derek answered.

The second the words left his mouth the door flew open and Mark walked in.

"Oh, i didn't realise you had company." He said referring to Meredith laying under the covers next to Derek. He could only see her head and her bare shoulders.

"I do." Derek smirked at his confusion.

"I was just going to ask you if you wanted to go swimming in the river before breakfast, but forget about it!" He stopped talking the moment in before continuing. "This is far more interesting, are you guys screwing or what?" He ginned at them.

"No!" She said as a soft pink blush spread across her cheeks.

"Oh, well that explains why you are naked in bed together." He teased.

"We are not naked." Derek replied.

"Oh i see that." He said sarcastically as his eyes went from Dereks bare chest to Merediths bare shoulders and back to Derek again.

"We are not!"

"Whatever, i will just take Addison for a swim. You two can continue whatever this is." He said and left the room quickly.