4. Thursday

It wasn't Thursday morning yet. It was 2 am and Meredith was walking over to Dereks room. She knocked quietly on the door, but didn't wait for a response before entering.

Derek was laying on the bed with his earbuds, and choosing music on his ipod. She made herself noticed, and walked up to the bed.

"Hi, again" She sighed as she sat down.

"Hi there" He smiled. "Couldn't sleep?"

"No, they are so loud!" She said referring to Marks bed-frame banging against the wall, and Addisons loud panthering.

"The music helps." He tried to lighten her mood.

"I bet it does." She smiled. "Mind if I join?"

"Not at all, here!" He handed her one of the earbuds.

"The clash? Really?" She complained.

"Hey, I offered you to listen. I chose the music" She ginned at his defensive tone. She knew the clash was his favourite band.

The noise had soon disappeared, and without them ever noticing. They were both laying on the bed and listening to the music in a confortable silence. And in that position they fell asleep. Derek had a tight grip around Meredith's waist.

The next morning they all woke up, and got ready. The suitcases were already packed in the trunk of the car. They just needed to get the sandwiches that Meredith had prepared and soon they were all ready to go.

They sat in the car. Mark was driving, Derek was sitting next to him and Meredith and Addison in the back. They listening to music from the radio, choosing to ignore the obvious topic of the loud noises the previous night. They didn't want to make Addison uncomfortable, and agreed on mocking Mark later instead.

After 1 hour of driving they stopped to eat their sandwiches, before continuing their drive to The Big Apple. Mark drove the first half and Derek the second. After a long trip they arrived in New York. They decided to go eat lunch at an Italian place. It was one of their childhood favourites.

After lunch they drove to the Shepherd's house. They rolled into the driveway and got out of the car. They all grabbed their bags from the trunk, and walked up to the front door of the house.

Soon they were greeted by a lot of family. It was the four sisters Nancy, Liz Kath and Amelia. All of their husbands and partners. Dereks mom Carolyn and his dad Christoffer soon appeared in the hall. Soo they heard running coming from the kitchen. Into the hall ran five kids. Two boys witch were Nancy's and three girls with were all Kathleen's.

They greeted them all with hugs, and then went upstairs to put their suitcases in their respective room. Mama Shepherd was soon with them arranging the room. The sisters and their partners were all sleeping in their childhood bedrooms. Mark and Addison were placed in Marks old room.

"No funny business!" Carolyn warned them before continuing.

"The kids get to share Derek's old room, and if it is okay with you Meredith, you and Derek can sleep in your old room." They both looked at each other and nodded. It wasn't like they had never sleep in the same bed before, they had done it for the past two nights.

The Shepherd's house was always noisy. Before dinner they decided to meet some old childhood friends and walk around in the city to see what had changed since their last visit. New York was always changing and the walk was sort of a tradition of theirs, they did it every time they got back home.

After the walk they all went back to the house for the big family dinner. All fifteen of them sat down at the table and the conversations started immediately. The sisters never held back, especially on gossip. There were a lot of catching up to do. Mostly questions about school, and the apartment and Mark and Addison. The topic soon moved from Mark and Addison to Derek and Meredith.