"One double scotch single malt, please." Derek ordered.

"And for your lady?" The bartender asked.

"One espresso martini" She replied with a smile.

They took their drinks and sat down on a bench outside the barn. A drink was good to calm the nerves before the dinner.

The rest of the family arrived at the barn and they all started to mingle. There was a lot of people greeting and hugging them. They were as nice as they possibly could. After an hour of mingle they all sat down to eat the first course. It was all really fancy and everyone enjoyed it.

After the first course everyone went back to mingling. Meredith went to the bar to grab herself a glass of wine and a beer for Derek. When she looked in Dereks direction she saw him talking to a girl their age. She was tall, leggy and fabulous. Her brunette hair was flowing down her shoulders, Meredith could see her that her dress showed of her body. She suddenly became jealous, he broke two rules!

She walked towards Derek with the two drinks in her hands. This was her chance to mess with the brunette.

"I'm back!" She smiled at him and handed her the beer.

"Hi!" He smiled at her. "I was just talking to.."

"Rose" The brunette answered.

"Rose, right." He continued.

"Nice to meet you Rose. I'm Meredith, Derek's girlfriend." She said as she grabbed his upper arm again.

"Oh, right." She said sounding disappointed. She turned around and walked away.

"What is up with you? Jealous much?" He teased her.

"Jealous? Me? No, I don't get jealous. You broke two rules!" She said defending herself.

"Mhm, not jealous. I see. I didn't break the rules, she flirted with me not the other way around." He teased.

"Oh, we'll that is good." She sighed.

They walked around the room looking for Mark And Addison, but with no luck. They stood in the corner observing the room. Dereks hand wandered from the small of her back down to her butt. She narrowed her eyes at him and he just smirked back.

"If you want people to believe it, you need to improve on that acting of yours." He grinned.

"So what are you planning on doing? This acting of yours i mean." She moved closer to him, not moving his hand.

"I don't know yet, but i think we might need to practise a bit more." He teased.

Just as they were in the middle of the conversation the main course was presented. They all sat down and once again enjoyed the food. They listed to a few speeches before everyone stood back up.

They walked over to the bar and ordered two shots of tequila each. Derek didn't enjoy tequila, but Meredith did and he didn't want her to be drunk while he was sober.

They when outside. Derek dragged her to the back of the barn. It was still and just the privacy they needed

"So where we're we?" He smiled at her. "Right, practicing!"

"Right." She smiled back. She was stood leaning against the wall of the barn. He was stood in front of her. She was looking deep into his ocean blue eyes. He was looking between her emerald green eyes and her soft pink lips.

He leaned in slightly, pressing her up against the barn. She could feel his breathing against her face. Their faces was just a few centimetres apart. He leaned in further, and his lips brushed softly against hers. She kissed him back. His arms wandered to her lower back as she put her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. His tongue brushed against her lower lip. She opened her lips letting him in. Their tongues fought until the air went out. They both pulled away to take a couple of deep breaths.