Part 1. A world separate from everything before and everything after

Chapter One: Pre Drinks.

Music Video (Above) : Tie Your Mother Down (Queen.)

Picture above of Darcie (Carey Mulligan.)

Please Vote, Fan and Comment! :)

(C) Copyright SJCLewis 2015

Darcie Brookes - of 153, Heavitree Road - groaned, threw the now-empty can of hair spray into the waste-bin, and glared at the reflection in front of her. In spite of having spent the best part of an hour applying numerous lotions and potions to her unruly mane, it was still as wild and frizzy as ever.

"Crap!"

Frowning ever-so slightly, she twisted her head to the side to view the atrocity in profile. She grimaced. Her bushy hair didn't do her any favours whichever way she looked at it. There would be sure to be comments later. There always were...

Resigning herself to yet another night of bad-hair photos, Darcie scooped up her glass and downed the rest of her whisky and ginger before uncrossing her legs and standing up. For a moment or two she tottered, unstable upon her heeled ankle boots, before she found her footing and her vision ceased to spin. She swore violently again, this time cursing her low alcohol tolerance. Sure it came in handy for a cheap night out, but more often than not she'd pay dearly for it the morning after. Her hangovers were the stuff of legend. A couple of times she'd even been too drunk to even make it to her own bed, having to crawl, half intoxicated, to her room from the kitchen the next day. Darcie smirked grimly to herself, recalling the last time she'd gone out drinking; Ending the night in Harry Kirby's bed was not what she'd had in mind. Yeah. Being a Lightweight was both a blessing and a curse.

Sending one last grimace towards her reflection before clicking off the light, she pulled open her bedroom door with a flourish and stepped out onto the landing. Outside the confines of her room, the muffled noise of the party downstairs became clear and recognisable; Excitable chatter and Reggae music filled the hallway. Couples and laughing guests sat cross-legged along the landing and in small clusters down the staircase, a few of which hailed Darcie as she picked her way through them.

" Happy Birthday Darce!"

"Having a good night?"

"Do we know where we're headed out to yet?"

Coming to a halt at the bottom of the stars, she addressed the inquisitor of this last question with what she hoped was an attractive smile.

" Tim! Not entirely sure yet. Probably TG."

Tim mirrored her grin and picked himself up from the floor - beer in hand -abandoning the group he'd previously been chatting with.

"Ah the Tecko Gecko!" he smirked, placing a hand upon the small of her back to guide her towards the kitchen. "I might have guessed!"

The Gecko was a favourite haunt of the residents of 153. Billed as a 'bar with a dance floor' as opposed to a club, it had a retro, grungy vibe with it's underground, cavern-like layout . It was cool and laid-back; a jeans and t-shirt kind of place, with a football table by the front bar and a punching machine in the back. The dance-floor was sweaty, the music was loud and the drinks were cheap. Aside from her bed, it was Darcie's most favourite place in the world.