Chapter 4: The Boy Who Can See Ghosts

As each student came forward, I used Appraisal on all of them. Apart from the main characters and a few others, none of the others had any special abilities or skills.

But while Appraising the students, I did make an unexpected discovery. It happened when I accidentally applied more mana to my eyes than usual.

Name: Richie Addams

Rank: E+

Stats:

Strength 2.5

Stamina 2.4

Agility 1.8

Perception 2.4

Magic Power 2.4

Intelligence 3

Charm 5.6

Skills:

Fortify(B): Forms a layer of mana around the user's body giving them an almost impenetrable defence.

The status screen of one of Luke's lackeys popped up in front of me. But the real surprise hadn't even begun yet. Below it was another status screen.

Potential Rank: SS

Suitable Class: Tanker

Mana Compatibility:

Earth: 87%

Water: 62%

Fire: 45%

Air: 19%

Knowing the Potential of a Hero was so important that the Hero League spent billions on its research. And my EX Rank Skill had just given me a cheat for it.

I knew from playing video games that the title EX(EXtra Special) Rank was only given to God-level Skills, but seeing them firsthand told me how much I had undermined their power.

If I revealed my skill to the public, I could rake in billions. The Hero League and various Guilds would call on me to appraise their Heroes. Though I obviously wouldn't do this. A skill like this, if made public, would put a huge target on my back, both from the Heroes' side and the Fallen. And if they think that they can't have it for themselves, the Hero League and the Chaos Alliance might even put bounties on my head just so that the other side couldn't use the Skill.

I should just use the Skill for personal benefits. Thinking of the possible ripples that the 'Appraisal' Skill can cause in this world, scares me.

I used the skill a few more times, including on the main characters.

Rachel and Luke both had Potential levels of SS Rank while Rhian's potential reached SSS Rank, a Rank that no human, or any other creature for that matter, had ever reached, except the Demon Lord.

He truly is worthy of being the protagonist.

It also showed me Rhian's high aptitude for the Darkness Element. Though it wasn't much of a discovery, since I already knew that from the novel.

I used the Appraisal on a few more students randomly, but none of them reached the same level. They were a bunch of Hero Cadets with the Potential to reach B or A Ranks, but these Ranks wouldn't be of much use when the main members of the Demon Lord's army descended on Earth. Right now, the demons that attacked this planet were more like foot soldiers or scouts. Their main army was currently at war with orcs, elves and other species on their home planets, where the battle had been going on for centuries.

While Appraising all the students, my eyes rested upon a single boy. He had long dark emo bangs that covered half his face, so you couldn't properly see his face. He was sitting alone in a corner, and it looked like all the other students were avoiding him.