21.

I stared at him, he stared back.

He needed me there!

Needed!

"I don't understand." I whispered. I clutched the fork so tight, my knuckles became white. I stared hard, but the fact that always so confident Roy wasn't meeting my eyes, boiled my blood.

"Drew, you need to know something." Roy started with serious tone. "When Ivy told me that you were coming here in New York.." He bit his lip, avoiding my gaze. "I asked him if he could persuade you to work at hospital."

"W..hat?" A cold feeling sat in my gut. For some reason I didn't want to hear what he had to say, but Ivy's name piqued my interest.

"It was a great idea in my head," He tapped his forehead, "To ask help for someone who wasn't a part of this society." He was referring to the hospital. "...I never imagined that things would go out of hands so badly."

"When we first met, you acted as if you didn't know me." I pointed out, quite harshly. I clearly remember how everyone was freaking out when Ivy told them about me. Their reaction was euqal to someone who saw a serial murderer.

"It was an act. So people wouldn't connect dots. Ivy was very clear about keeping you out of mess, not to let anyone doubt you." Then he glanced at me, his usual blank atre held an emotion so strong that I had to look away. It was just for a second but my heartbeat increased.

Crap!

An image of last night popped in my mind when he was on his back, his hand on my chest and his eyes watched my every move. While I was busy kissing his shoulder, stomach, anywhere I could, he was observing me. I am pretty sure he told me something then but what, I don't remember. But it wasn't the words, it was that look, that heat that creased my skin, touched me tenderly yet sat my whole being on fire.

Gods!

No. I should not be thinking about it. Why do I remember every single detail?

"So," I cleared my throat when I realized my voice was suddenly deep. "I still don't get how I was any of your help." I took a huge bite of my egg so I don't have to look at him.

"Well, Ivy sometimes used to talk about you. How in a pack you track or how you patrol borders, especially about rouges." He began with a sigh,"I figured someone who is trained in that manner, would be really beneficial."

"He never mentioned." I whispered. I was aware how he hadn't touched a single thing on his plate. I could ask yet I chose not to. "I never thought he would talk about me to anyone." The sentence wasn't meant to heard but he did.

"Well, he did. In fact he does. He talks about you a lot." He didn't smile but his eyes were so soft, so sincere. I looked away, again. I diverted the conversation in different direction so that my focus won't stray.

"In pack, we are taught how protect and fight for our family. Not to snoop around, commit crime or lie." I replied, ignoring his previous comment.

"I never lied to you, Drew." He looked scandalized.

The nerve of this man!

"Oh really? Then why am I only hearing this now?" I wanted to keep my tone firm so he would know he can't bullshit me, but it came out so small and hurt, even I cringed in my head.

"I didn't know you were unaware of the reasons why you were there and for a fact you never asked me."

"And if I did? You would have told told me." I mocked. I leaned back in my chair, hands crossed over my chest.

"I would have. I never wanted to lie to you and never will lie to you. Always keep that in mind." He seriously replied. He mimicked me, resting his back on backrest, he took small bite of his egg, chewing it slowly.