Chapter 2: Formation

Start from the beginning

"Okay then, let's go..." Toko said.

"U-Um, Toko?" Komaru spoke up. "About this gun... Wouldn't it be better if you used it?"

"...I'm...allergic. To machines." Toko made up an excuse.

"You can just tell us you don't wanna..." Akira said.

"O-Oh. Well, if you have allergies, then... I guess it can't be helped..." Komaru said.

---

After heading out of the room, suddenly a Monokuma robot appeared. "Ah! It's here!" Komaru screamed.

"Gah! Hurry up and shoot it!" Toko ordered frantically.

"O-Okay, okay!" Komaru fumbled to grab the Hacking Gun as she shot it down.

"Whew..." Toko let out a relieved sigh before turning to Akira. "You know, you could help."

Akira awkwardly rubbed her arm as she softly turned away. "Sorry...but I'm not that much of a fighter. I think I'm more suited for brawns than brain. B-Besides, the Monokumas are nothing. I'm sure Komaru can handle them for now." 

"O-Oh alright, then." Komaru nodded before mumbling. "But still, to say that the Monokumas are "nothing"..."

They then carried on throughout the floor. A few Monokumas would show up every now and then, but Komaru would just blast them away. But with the power restored, the girls would just head down to the next lower floor.

"Which way to get out of here...?" Komaru wondered as they strolled on through the floor. Eventually, they would go into a room where a young child wearing a Monokuma helmet was waiting for them. Based on their clothing, the child seemed to be a young girl.

"..."

Komaru gasped. "I've seen this kid before!"

"No, it's probably just another one. Those brats are all wearing helmets like this." Toko informed.

"Yeah. Back when I was fighting in the city, I saw a bunch of kids wearing these while the Monokumas slaughtered everyone." Akira recalled.

"Huh? Really?" Komaru blinked in surprise.

"Tee hee..." The Monokuma Kid giggled.

"But why are they...wearing helmets?" Komaru cocked her head to the side.

"I-I don't know! These kids only ever talk to each other!" Toko responded. "Even at a time like this, they're playing around like a bunch of idiots! S-Stupid brats..."

"But isn't it dangerous? What if they get attacked by Monokumas?" Komaru asked.

Toko shook her head. "No, you don't get it. These brats are working with the Monokumas to kill all the adults."

"They're what!?" Komaru shrieked.

"Kids killing adults...it's completely insane! But we can't just attack these brats... It's so...frustrating!"

"Tee hee..."

"Anyway, Toko... What's that box next to that kid?" Komaru pointed at it.

"Who knows? Maybe you should open it."

"..." Komaru nervously went past the Monokuma Kid and opened the box, which gave Komaru extra ammo for her Hacking Gun. Once she got it, the Monokuma Kid ran off. "Is that kid...giving this to us? Why help us like this?"

"M-My guess is...they're carrying out someone's order." Toko guessed.

"Huh? Order?"

"Wh-Who cares, anyway...? No point wasting our time worrying about mentally damaged kids..." Toko said.