Chapter eighteen

██████████ 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

"What was that?" Liam asked from the garden where he, Callie, Toby, and Frank were playing football.

"Not sure." Callie shrugged. "But I want to find out." She smiled beginning to jog to the bushes.

"Toby, get the ball." Liam said seeing the ball out of the corner of his eyes.

Frank, Callie, and Liam continued jogging until they saw the open road. A police car drove past them with the blue lights on. The three shrugged making their way back to Toby who still hadn't returned.

"What's going on?" Liam asked scaring him. "What are you doing?"

Toby looked at the three with wide eyes before quickly turning his head back to the bushes. "Where'd he go?"

"Where'd who go?" Callie asked.

Toby looked down towards a bag. "The man who threw that!" He exclaimed.

Callie and Liam shared a concerned look before walking forwards. Callie kneeled down and began unzipping the bag. She opened it to revel money, lots of it, filled to the top.

"There must be..." Callie began with wide eyes. "I don't even know, there's like loads in there."

"This moneys got to be dodgy!" Toby told the three. "You don't just dump a bag of cash if it's legit."

"Especially not that much." Callie added on.

Frank nodded his head. "Dead right."

"They can't ask for it back, can they?" Liam shrugged.

"We can't just take it," Toby sighed. "That would be steeling."

Callie looked at him confused. "I mean, is it stealing?" She asked. "It's not as if we took it from someone, we found it on our premises."

"Finders keepers, loser weepers." Frank said to Toby. "That's the law."

"You don't actually think that's the law." Toby asked.

Liam sighed turning to him. "The point is, the guys a crook. So, we deserve it more then him, right?"

"But what if he comes back?" Toby asked.

"Good point." Liam said nodding his head. "Let's get this stuff inside. Come on!"

"Liam, wait!" Toby huffed following the three.

"Distract her and get to the front door as soon as you can!" Liam told Toby. The four were hiding behind the wall so Tracy couldn't see them.

Toby faked an injury, giving the three enough time to run past her unnoticed. They made it to the front door, which was opened by Toby who was out of breath. "Too busy!" He told them. "Go around the back and wait."