Chapter 5: Destiny's a bitch

Kit
I clasp the bracelet, and am immediately transported back.
Home sweet home.
The first dimension I ever visited. And I was immediately captures and enslaved. Not a good time. And not even my favorite dimension. That said I haven't seen much of it. Only when my master summons me.
I fall face first onto the floor. Usually the same room though there have been exceptions. At the moment there's a roaring fire. It's evening outside here as well, I assume, but the curtains are drawn, and the clock on the wall is predictably useless. I've no idea how to read it, but I'm assuming it's cursed.
"Well?" My master stands before me. Hauntingly tall, with soulless eyes, scars on his face, nearly smirking at the pleasure of torturing me. He's safe to say the most evil thing I've ever had the displeasure to meet. Seriously, the man's walk up song should be 'Cold As Ice'. He's got nothing like a conscience or a soul.
His demon lurks behind him, eyes glowing a soft red. I don't know if it's a Faust/Mephistopheles situation, or what, but the demon does the primary torturing and magic, my master does the talking. I'm just assuming, because nobody explains anything to me, it is a Faustian deal and this person who sewed my mouth shut is actually Satan.
I drop the Viking coins on the floor, shoving them away from me.
"That's all? You've had quite a while," my master says, idly, taking a sip from a cup of wine. As I say it there's a definite possibility he's a vampire. I don't know a lot about vampires, but that feels right, except he has a bad haircut and I don't think vampires have bad hair cuts. I'm not sure.
I tug the paper from my pocket and hold it out.
"It's one of the coins he brought, a few months ago," the demon kneels to take the paper.
I hold up the viking arrowhead I dug out of my chest, and hold it up, glaring at them, pointing at the paper.
"You're not doing very much to get your voice back," my master says.
I glare at him with unrestrained loathing. And then I make the gesture again, from the arrowhead to the paper.
"You want one back? Why?" The demon asks, taking the paper from me.
I tap the coins.
"These are almost worthless," My master says, "You can surely find something better?"
I point emphatically at the paper.
"You need one of these? Why?" The demon asks.
I glare at them. Because it's like, their fault I can't talk.
"They had no magic value?" My master asks.
"No," the demon says.
"Give him one. See what happens," my master shrugs, idly, "He knows he's not getting his voice back with just a handful of coins."
I glare at him, holding out a hand.
"We shall call you again. You had better have something more interesting," the demon fetches the coin and hands it to me.
I curl it into my fist. At least we can get out of the cave. I get a few pieces of treasure. Maybe that will satisfy them.
"He's burning up, he's ill," the demon says, cold fingers brushing mine. Then he puts a hand to my forehead.
"Is it due to his sorcery? Or yours?" My master asks, regarding me like a dog that needs to be shot.
"No, not mine, I don't know, he's old to have that strong a fever," the demon says. I lean away from him, glaring. "Perhaps we should send for a doctor?"
"He wants that now. If he's still ill in a few days, we will," my master says, unconcerned.
I glare at them, trying to melt my hate out through my gaze.
"Let him go, I want to know what he thinks that coin will be good for," my master says, shrugging, "You have two days."
I nod a little, still sitting crumpled on the floor.
"Go," the demon says.
I need no second bidding. I undo the bracelet and fall back into the yard outside the trailer.
And immediately pass out.
My head is spinning, and my chest feels like it's on fire. It takes a moment for me to realize raised voices are what awoke me. I sit up, painfully. It's dark out now, the precious coin is still clutched in my hand. I need to get back to the idiots in the cave. But, who is doing the shouting?
I sit up. A couple of rednecks. Banging on the door to our trailer why—? Tabitha's in there.
I stand up, stumbling to my feet. It's her dad. And another guy, I recognize him from around town but I don't know his name. They're banging on the door, trying to break it in.
I walk up, clapping my hands. They turn slowly.
I'm in no mood for this.  I sigh a little. Not today. Really not today.
"Go away," Tabitha is inside, sobbing.
"It's just the Wren kid," the one guy says.
"Yeah he doesn't talk, run along now," her dad says.
I flick my head, magic draining out my eyes as I feel them glow hot and blue. I send them flying opposite directions. One hits a car with a sickening thud. The other another trailer. I feel their hearts beat and then carefully, squeeze.
Blood explodes from the corpses. Both men slump, quite dead, half in and half out of the bent trailer and car I threw them into.
I slump down, blood draining from my mouth. I was planning on walking inside. I'm going to get up and I'm going to walk inside,  and get a drink and I'll be all right. I want to go in there.
But instead I just pass out.