"Hey baby, I know you probably just settled in but I wanted to know how you were going?" He's too sweet sometimes.

"Well, I'm getting ready to meet a client and I got myself a new assistant. He's really quick for his first day."

"He? I thought we agreed on a woman? What happened?"

"I know we did but Martin walked off before I could get a clear answer out of him."

"How old is this guy?"

"Someone sounds jealous! Don't worry though, he's fresh out of collage. He's just a baby. He can't steal me away from you." The line went quiet until he cleared his throat.

"I know, I was just looking out for you. If you say that he's fine then he's alright. Anyone is better than that no good Veena."

"Honey, she was a close friend of mine. Even though we aren't on good terms anymore, don't speak about her that way." Westly found out that we had a fight but I told him it was about some boring girl stuff and he dropped it.

"Fine, whatever. Just know I don't like her." He muttered. "You remind me everyday that you don't like her. Get back to work, my client is almost here. I love you."

"I love you too, see you at home." He hung up and in walked Christopher. "I'll hand the documents over now and your appointment is headed this way. I'll bring refreshments for you right after I'm done."

"Thank you Christopher." Once again, he grinned, walking out the door and in walked in my clients. "Welcome, please have a seat and let's begin. As you already know my name is Alaire Knight and I'll be here to make sure that your every desire is met in this home."

"Whiskers and Mittens will love this." His wife squealed making me confused. "I-I'm sorry? W-Whiskers and Mittens? Mr. DeLuna rolled his eyes. "She's talking about her- I mean our cats." She scoffed. "Our babies." She corrected him. "Of course they are, dear."

Oh my God, Martin was right.

~

"Great work today, Christopher." He thanked me, picking his bag up. "If you don't mind me asking, what made you want this job? Was it your major?"

"To be honest, it wasn't. It was the only available job after searching for so long that I took it. I educated myself on everything that I could about this establishment and I got through the interview. I majored in music, I wanted to sing and produce music but we all can't have it our way."

"You know, normal people would have just said yes." He chuckled walking to the elevator. "I got seven brothers to take care of. So if I have to? Yes it was my first choice."

"Woah, seven?" He nodded. "Well there was nine of us in all but one decided to leave us a little too early." The elevator opened. "Oh, sorry for your loss." He shrugged. "It's fine, it got better with the years." It stopped on the ground floor and he got out. "See you tomorrow, Ms. Alaire."

~

"Surprise!" Westly smiled, showing me a bottle of wine. "Honey, is this?" He nodded, placing it in front of me. "The Screaming Eagle." This was the first wine we shared together after his business became a success. "It's been so long since I've had this." He poured me a glass, as we enjoyed our meal together.

After our meal, he cleaned up the kitchen and I sat there slightly tipsy. "Are you alright? You're swaying a little." He chuckled. "I'm fine, I'm just happy." Westly hummed, turning to me. "I'm glad you're happy......honey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He walked over to me, grabbing a few papers from a drawer. "I wanted to show you something." He placed some graphs on the isle. "My company isn't doing as well as it should be due to the weird mix ups that happened recently."

Where was he going with this? "I thought you fixed it? You looked fine." He shook his head. "More than half my investors dropped out, I had to let go some employees because of this but this is where you come in."

"How do I fit in to all this?" I honestly wasn't getting any of it. "Could you ask your dad to invest in my company again?"

"You know daddy won't-"

"Honey, remember all the good times we had when you were home? Can't you just do this for me?" I could feel my heart breaking, crumbling once again and I couldn't breathe. All the good times we shared was a scheme to get me to talk to daddy about money for him. He doesn't care for me.

He doesn't love me.

He doesn't love me.

He- "Are you listening to me?" Snapping out of it, I looked at him. "I'm hearing you, t-this might take some convincing b-but if you give me a month or two, I-I could g-get him to do it." Westly smiled brightly, hugging me tightly.

"I knew I could count on you." With that he walked off. Tears formed in my eyes. "I'm so stupid. I'm so, so stupid."