𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4

Start from the beginning

The feeling of his body radiating a comforting warmth, making your heart feel at ease. "You can sleep now. I'll keep you safe." He said, a small sob leaving you at the truth that was in his words. He didn't sound like he usually did, the cold guy that wanted nothing to do with you. He sounded like the man you saw on the paper; the sweet, innocent, Jeon Jungkook. The man that would keep you in his arms at night and make you breakfast in the morning. You moved closer into his arms, snuggling into his chest and closing your eyes. His hand gently began to caress your hair, making you feel at ease and begin to trail off into dreamland slowly. Though, he stayed awake, staring at the atrium that had a small fountain. He was in deep thought, his hand gently soothing you and feeling how you slowly relaxed into his arms. He could help but feel his heart skip a beat, making him close his eyes with a sigh, opening them again only to be filled with tears. Memories flooded his mind, his heart beginning to ache a bit while he looked down at you, tucking some hair behind your ear so he could see your face better. He stared at you, a tear rolling down the side of his nose while he did his best to keep his soft sobs and desperate whimpers in, not letting them leave his throat. It tightened, painfully, just like his chest, but all he did was hug you closer and lean his head on yours, closing his eyes tightly. He only focused on you and your arms around your small, delicate body, his broken state going back to the cold man he was. He then slowly began to fall asleep himself, letting his constant nightmares fill his mind.

A bright light shined upon your eyes, stirring you awake. You whined as you moved deeper into what you were hugging, feeling the warm body shift slightly and accommodate to your movement. A soft sigh left you and the other person once you found the comfortable position, your eyes suddenly snapping open when you realized. A body, a warmth, sighing. You slowly looked up, a small gasp leaving your lips when you realized it was Jungkook, his open eyes staring down at you from their half-open state. "Don't worry. Nothing happened." He said sleepily, laying on his back and stretching, his left arm still under your body. Your hand rested on his chest while your head lifted slightly from where it lay on his chest. "God, that was some good sleep." He said softly, but you were too busy admiring his well-built chest and his tattooed arm, the muscles flexing when he stretched. You widened your eyes when you realized what you were doing, quickly sitting up and tucking some of your hair behind your ear while a red blush grew on your cheeks. You felt the bed beside you shift slightly, turning your head to see Jungkook sit up, his muscular back now facing you as he sat on the edge of the bed, staring outside through the window. "Are you tired?" He asked softly, glancing at you over his shoulder.

You stuttered a few words as he turned a bit more to face you, his leg crossed. "I am not." You managed to reply, his hand running over his hair and humming in response. "Well, we can go on and head to a dress shop to buy you a dress and a suit for me." He suggested, looking around the room before looking at you. You nodded softly in response, your heart racing in your chest as you gripped the covers of the bed. He cleared his throat and nodded in response, getting off the bed after. "I will go and make breakfast. You can go on and freshen up, get ready." He said softly, leaving the room after. You clutched your chest as you sighed deeply, feeling as if you couldn't breathe when he was in the room. What surprised you most was the whole thing was real, not a dream. He truly had picked you up bridal style, not even having carried you inside the house like that after the wedding. He cuddled you as you slept, caressed your hair and back sweetly, kissed your forehead, and felt worried about you.

It seemed like finally, the Jeon Jungkook you saw in the candidate paper made an appearance.

"Ah. There you are. For a minute I thought you drowned in the shower." He said, a grin on his lips as he placed the cup of coffee that he made for you on the counter in front of you. "Thank you..." You said, taking the cup and having a sip of the coffee. It was sweet and warm, with a hint of vanilla and caramel in it. It even had some whipped cream on top. "You made dinner yesterday, so I made a small breakfast before he head off to the dress shop. It's going to be a long day today." He sighed, sipping his coffee. He placed a plate in front of you, a kimchi omelet, toast, and some bacon on it. "It's pretty basic but it is still good. Eat up." He added when he noticed you were staring at the plate. You looked up at him with wide eyes, nodding nervously. "No, I mean- I am sure it's good." You said softly, grabbing a fork and beginning to eat some of the omelet. You noticed his eyes were eagerly on you, wanting to see what your reaction would be. The omelet was good, more than good, but you didn't want to show it since he did the same with your food yesterday. "It's good." You said, your eyes staying glued to the plate.

You heard him move closer to you, standing behind you. Your eyes widened when his hand trailed your side, squeezing your hip gently. "I know you love it. Don't try to hide it." He whispered in your ear once he leaned in, feeling his hot, minty breath against your neck until he placed a kiss on your cheek, making your breath hitch and your body tense up. Your heart slammed against your chest as he grinned, your breath shaky and nervous as his body moved closer, nearly pressing into the back of your body. "Enjoy breakfast, I will go change." He whispered once more before pulling away and leaving the kitchen with a smirk plastered on his lips. You felt like fainting, slight dizziness coming to your head. You gripped the fork as you tried to get a grip on yourself, taking in a shaky breath and then sighing. You finished breakfast and soon went to get ready yourself. Once ready, you picked up your purse, headed to the door, and waited for him there. Your phone buzzed with a few notifications from Twitter and Instagram, keeping you entertained until Jungkook finally came. He was dressed in a button-up shirt, some suit pants with the shirt tucked inside them, and some formal shoes. He took his wallet and phone and put them in his pockets, your eyes mesmerizingly staring at him with sparkles in them. He was so handsome it made you swoon every time he was near. Your lips parted in awe, looking away when he looked at you and nearly caught you staring. But he did notice your eyes on him, and he couldn't help a grin grow on his lips at you shyly looking away.

"Ready?" He asked softly, heading to the door and opening it. You nodded as he walked out, heading to his Mercedez while he left you the task of locking the door once you gathered your things. You didn't know what had gotten into him, he seemed different. Nicer, and warmer. More teasing than usual. And it was since yesterday night when you were scared. You bit your lips together as you twisted the lock with the key, locking the door while a flame of hope burned inside you that he had truly softened up after seeing you scared yesterday. Maybe he finally saw you were a human being as well and that you also had feelings, that you were also stuck into this marriage just like he was.

You walked to the car, seeing he had already got in and was waiting for you, the engine on. You carefully climbed into the car, wasting no time looking around the beautiful, luxurious car, your eyes sparkling. He eyed you, his eyes having a small sparkle as he enjoyed seeing you like that, a small grin on his lips as he reached over you, his body and face inches away from you. You inhaled in surprise, your breath hitching and eyes widening. He stood like that for a bit, his eyes staring deeply into yours before slowly trailing down to your lips and back up to your eyes. You looked at his lips the moment he looked at yours, heart slamming against your chest that he could surely hear, until he finally pulled away, seatbelt on his hand. "You have to put your seatbelt on." He said, pushing it into the clasp to lock it in.

"I can't have you die on me if we crash." He grinned, putting his seatbelt on before finally taking off to the dress store.