Chapter 35: Through Rain and Thunder

Start from the beginning

Somewhere far from the city, lies a shrine at the very peak of Mt. Yougou along with a sly captivating individual with fair skin and pink hair.

"Repeat after me...3...2...1..." The feminine voice commanded, "1...2...3...Ahh~"

You slowly started waking up, seeing Miko above you, holding a wet cloth. She barely smiled, "You're awake? About time! My hands are tired."

You sat up, softly groaning as you felt your heart quickly pound in your chest. Your voice became hoarse while trying to speak up, "Ayato! Where is he?!"

Yae placed the cloth back into the bucket, pointing west toward her, "He's alive...surprisingly."

You quickly ran up to him, watching his unconscious self laying on a mat. His body was covered in bandages and there were a few bruises on his face. You felt yourself tearing up as you couldn't bare to see him in such a state. You gently held his hand, trying to find some comfort from all the tragic events that had happened.

You exhaled slowly, collecting your thoughts and questions about what happened in Inazuma City. "Who is...Magestu Mitake?"

Yae looked down at the ground, "...It's a long story." She sounded hesitant, it was strange to see her act this way. She stalled for a moment before getting up, "Take a walk, it's good for the mind." She softly grinned, grabbing some medicinal herbs.

You had no choice but to obey her. She was right, perhaps taking a walk might calm your racing and chaotic mind. You left Ayato in her care as you walked down the stairs of the shrine. Your body and back were aching, most likely due to your fall from battling that...thing.

"Ughh I feel like an old lady." You groaned loudly while sitting down on a stairstep, "My prime days are over." You looked up, watching the swirling mass of thick gray clouds drape over the sky like a veil.

You started to frown, feeling a profound sadness cutting deep into your heart. It was a feeling of emptiness, regret, and guilt. It was the sense of knowing that the Kamisato family will never ever be the same. Self-blame was igniting in you as you blamed yourself for not heading to the estate earlier. You blamed yourself for being weak and watching your electro-vision get destroyed.

The frustration grew as you pulled out your second vision. You stared at it. "All I have left is this stupid Anemo vision that doesn't even work!" You suddenly slammed it on the ground, hoping it would break, unable to control your emotions. Your breathing was heavy as you stared at it with an intense gaze. There was not a single scratch visible.

"Useless! Useless! Useless!" You kept murmuring, holding your face and covering your eyes. "I'm so stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stu--"

"--I'm appalled. You're sitting in the dark badmouthing yourself?"

You felt your heart stop for a moment as you flinched, unaware of anyone's presence. You jerked your head, lips parted slightly and your eyes widened as you saw him.

In the realm of your heart's deepest desires, there he stood. The man who had always lingered in the secret compartments of your thoughts. Seeing him was like the sun breaking through the clouds on a stormy day, casting a radiant glow that lit up the world. You found yourself spellbound by the enchantment of his presence. He looked graceful even if he was covered in injuries and bandages. He looked so beautiful, even when his clothes were disheveled and dirty. It only added to his beauty.

As you gazed into his eyes, it was as though they were two souls suspended in a timeless embrace, bound by an unbreakable connection. Your lips trembled as you were unable to contain your emotions. Your voice was breaking as you whispered, "Ayato...you're...awake."