Chapter 48

We were on our way back to London. We didn't talk much, both of us lost in thought. It had been a good weekend. I had gotten pretty close to his family. Maybe a little too close with Gemma, for my liking. It had nothing to do with our talk. That was good. She was a good friend. But it had something to do with what had happened that morning. I had been on a run and decided to jump in their pool to cool down. Harry had joined me and it didn't take long for it to turn into a heated make out session. We thought we were alone, since they had decided to go grocery shopping, so clothes were flying around. And then Gemma had caught us in the act. Again.

It had really been embarrassing. Probably for her as well. I don't think anybody would like to see their family members doing that. But luckily for us, Gemma had kept Anne and Robin from seeing us. She has lectured us though. She told us not to do it in public places ever again. We had promised, but I wasn't sure I could keep that promise. I wanted him too bad all the time. And I guess it was the same for him. Hell, I could feel it, if you know what I mean.

This upcoming week was going to be hectic. The boys were flying to America for promotion of their upcoming CD and I had decided to stay home for a bit. I was supposed to work at the gym again, I couldn't keep ditching it, but it was fine. I wanted to get some normal back to my life. Constantly traveling the world was not normal. I didn't know how they could handle it. Seriously. It was like they were always on a constant jetlag.

"So" Harry broke the silence, pulling me back to reality. "What did you think of my family? They are not that bad are they?" He was smirking. He already knew the answer, I had told him before.

"I like them" I answered while looking out of the window. I still had this annoying envy in my body. I couldn't get it out of my system. I had always had that feeling, when I saw the perfect family. Or something that was almost perfect. I had never had that. I had never had a normal family relation. Sure I felt like part of a family in the orphanage, but I had lost contact to my 'brothers' and 'sisters' after I was put in the foster family. And I couldn't seem to find them again when I tried.

"Earth to Kate" Harry was snapping his fingers just beside my ear, making me jump a little. "Tell me what you are thinking about." He wasn't looking at me. He had his eyes fixed on the road obviously, since he was driving.

"Oh, it really is nothing Harry. Just thinking..."

"You know you can't fool me, silly. I know you too well for that." He chuckled. "So just tell me before I have to force it out of you."

"Oh really" I said sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest. "And how are you gonna do that, if I may ask?"

"I have my ways, babe." He was grinning like an idiot. "And you are not going to like it, so just tell me!"

I sighed. I knew I was going to tell him sooner or later, so why not just get it over with? And it really wasn't a big secret or anything. I had told him about it before.

"You know what I told you before about families?" He nodded in return, still keeping his eyes on the road. "Well, even if I tried not to, I still got jealous. I really envy the relationship you have with your family. And your bond with Gemma. It's something special and I never had that. And I am never going to get that."