"What are you doing here," she asked, crossing her arms covering her stomach.

He scratched the back of his head "well, you have been ignoring me the last couple of days, and I want to know what I did wrong."

Julia looked down at her shoes. Was this the right time to tell him? She bit her lip, thinking for a second he needed to know.

She knew she would hate herself even more if she waited any longer. Without an explanation Julia grabbed Steve's hand and took him into her house.

She locked the front door, still holding Steve's hand as she pulled him down the hall and into her room.

If her father saw them in the living room alone, he would flip. Her father that was another conversation she didn't look forward to.

Julia let go of Steve's hand; once they arrived at her room, she closed her door just in case her father decided to stop by.

Steve was a little sad when Julia dropped his hand. He liked the way her delicate hands felt in his.

Julia leaned to the closed door, her forehead touching her bedroom door. She had thought of different scenarios to tell him of different outcomes, but she was still scared of the outcome.

"Julia, are you okay," Steve asked softly, seeing that Julia hadn't moved.

"Yeah, I'm just," she started by saying, moving away from the door.

Julia exhaled as she turned around to face him. Nervousness moved around her body as she licked her lips and said, "I'm pregnant."

She felt as if she could breathe normally again, don't get her wrong, she was still freaking out; she might have even peed her pants a little, but it was out there, she had told him.

Now she just needed to wait for him to respond. He blinked a few times, processing what, "Oh, wow, t-that's great, Julia," he said with a smile, awkwardly looking around.

"I mean, how are you feeling? You look great, by the way. Have you told the father," he began to ramble. "Actually, you don't have to answer the last question; it's none of my concern."

Julia's mouth was in the shape of an 'o,' trying to find her words. "I have told the father, actually," she decided to say.

His hands went on his hips as he smiled at her "that's good. How did he take it."

She lightly chuckled as she thought about how to answer his question "he was sweet and asked if I have told the father, but that was on me; I should have been a little bit more specific."

With his hands still on his hip, Steve tilted his head to the side. That sounded familiar; that's what he said to her not long ago.

Julia looked at him to see if the pieces were connecting for him. "Steve," she said gently, taking a step closer to him. "Do you remember how I went to your house on Halloween," she asked him.

"Uhm yeah I remember. You were wearing a red dress, and your hair was down," he said thoughtfully, remembering that night.

"Yes, you gave me some clothes I could change into, and we were in your room talking and..." he looked at her nodding his head, letting her know he was listening. He might have been listening, but nothing seemed to click.

Did she seriously needed to say every detail for him to comprehend what she was getting to? 

"Steve, I'm pregnant, and the baby is yours," she let out.

He blinked, and his mouth hung open. He didn't move, he didn't say anything.

She moved her hand slowly to his shoulder, "Steve," once he felt her touch, he closed his mouth and stood up straight, "I have to ugh go. I-I'm sorry, Julia."

His hands were shaking as he tried to open the door. "It's locked," she said from behind him. He unlocked the door, and mumbled a quick thank you and left without closing her bedroom door.

Julia stood there unmoving as she heard the front door close. He left; he had made his decision of not wanting to be part of the baby's life.

Julia couldn't be angry at him. She was a little disappointed by the way he reacted, but she tried to be in Steve's shoes.

What would she have done in that situation?

With a sigh, she closed her door and lay in bed, hugging her pillow. Tomorrow is another day.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

*𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚝*