Siren - Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

The overwhelming presence of a dragon.

She turned around slowly, the large gold eyes peering down at them. The dragon’s teeth were as red as it’s scales, and Clara paled as she realized it was blood.

“Talk to it.” She moaned.

“You talk to it!” he hissed. “You’re the one that beseeched it!”

Its snout came closer to them, dropping blood like rain. Clara cringed.

“Are you Klardir?” she yelled in Sumoian. The dragon only growled, and the entire ground shook.

“Gannon, do something!” she whimpered. “He’s angry!”

He pushed her aside, and let out an astonishing roar. Everything was silent.

“Why didn’t you say so?” she heard, in a deep, almost elderly voice. She looked over at Gannon, who shook his head. The dragon smiled, as best a dragon could.

Pontus, Octavious and Raven had all headed into the cave. It wasn’t long before they found the dead, decaying creature as Gannon and Clara had.

“Disgusting.” Voiced Pontus.

“But handy.” Replied Octavious, picking up a part of the tooth Gannon had left behind.

“And just how do you expect to stop them from being consumed, eh old man?”

Octavious glowered.

“I don’t know. And I’m not old.” Raven laughed. “Quiet, you.”

They eventually came upon the canyon, and realized they could go no further.

“Do you see them?” asked Pontus.

“No,” replied Raven, “but look there, it’s him.”

They saw the dragon standing out clearly against the greenery, on all fours, hunched over.

“How do we get down there? In fact, how do we even know they are down there?” growled Pontus.

“We don’t.” said Octavious. “Come on, let’s retrace our steps and see if we missed a hidden path.”

“So,” said Klardir, “you’ve come in search of the egg. And my cousin, Moyra, she is not dead?”

“No, sir.” Replied Clara. It turned out he was, in fact, Klardir. And he could speak Sumoian quite fluently.

He adjusted his glasses and shook his head.

“I should have known not to trust an outsider.” Clara laughed nervously. Klardir raised a brow.

“Lord Gannon, why is she so jumpy?”

He was then the one to laugh nervously.

“She… grew up outside of the Edge.”

“‘Lord Gannon’?” she whispered.

“One question.” He hissed. He cleared his throat.

“So you were visited by an outsider?” Gannon asked. “What did he look like?”

“He was a giant.” Replied Klardir, letting out a small burp. The wind smelled of flesh, and Clara made a face.

“He had black hair, didn’t he? And red eyes.” Klardir nodded. Clara tried her best to keep her composure. “The egg, do you have it?”