The Truth Hurts.

CHARLOTTE

Okay Charlotte, you got this. Remember the three C's. Calm, cool, collected. Just go in there and tell him. I thought with a huge smile on my face, as I walk into my husbands assistants office.

"Good morning, Mia," I said to the assistant sitting behind the desk.

Mia looks up startled, replying "Hi Charlotte," nervously, "what are you doing here, I was not expecting you?"

"Oh I know, I am here to surprise Asher with some exciting news!" I exclaimed happily.

"Well maybe I should call him to let him kno-"

"No nonsense I am going to just walk in. When do I not!" I was opening up the door, while Mia, was begging me to wait. Why I do not know.

But when that door fully opened I figured out why she was begging me to stop. When that door fully opened it popped my bubble filled with happiness. I could feel my heart shattering into millions of pieces, making it broken beyond repair.

There was my husband, who I loved and would give up my life for, banging into a blond bimbo on the top of his desk. They were to preoccupied to hear me so I slammed the door, leaving Mia on the other side and breaking up the couple on the desk.

Asher looks up wide eyed with disbelief. When his eyes connected with my now dull, lifeless and pissed ones, he scrabbled to pull up his pants while saying, "Char, it's not what it-"

I cut him off, not wanting to hear it, by holding up my finger. My mantra I was using for nervous and happy thoughts, is now being used for my building anger and sadness that is racing throughout my body and soul.

Calm, cool, collected. Come on Charlotte, show him this won't break you.

Stuffing down the wails and tears that want to escape, I speak the words that I never thought I would say.

"I want a divorce. My lawyer will send you the papers. I will have the movers come by and pick up my stuff, hopefully I will be out by the end of the week. You can pay child support and I will have sole custody, we can make a schedule on when you can see he or sh-" I was saying until I was cut off by my lovely husband.

"Woah, woah, wait! Char we are pregnant?! That's gre-" Yes, that was the great and all exciting news I was going to tell my husband, but it didn't actually go as I planned.

I stopped him there, "I am pregnant, you will be apart of the child's life but nothing more, he or she will need a fatherly figure. Just be happy I told you, because I could just have easily left when I saw the situation I was in and dropped off the face of the earth. Anyways as I was saying, before you rudely cut me off-"

"Like you cut us off!" The squeaky voice of the blond bimbo says. My under control temper which was on a short leash was ripped out of my hands.

"WHO DO YO THINK YOU ARE!!" I yelled, while Asher yelled "SHUT UP AND LEAVE BECCA!" The slut, now known as Becca, whimpered at his command. But she had the audacity to send me a smug look while walking past me to the door.

While my focus was on the bimbo walking past me, Asher's pleading voice brought me back to him. He had disheveled sex hair, which should be from me but isn't, pants being held up by his grasp and no shirt. He is honestly the most attractive man I have seen, but he is also the most hated. Asher had the saddest look I have every seen, and it almost broke my heart a second time. Key word: almost. He brought this upon himself, I have been nothing but supportive and loving towards him. Though my love wasn't enough I guess.

"Baby?" Asher questioned, bringing me out of my inner thoughts.

"Don't call me that. I am not yours anymore," and with that I walked away from the man I love.

I entered into his secretary/public area, where I looked upon all those who were hanging around pretending to be busy, but in reality just waiting for some drama. I was disgusted when my eyes landed on some of my so called friends who didn't have the guts to tell me straight forward what was happening. It would have been nice if someone told me those rumors were real. I had no reason to believe them anyways, I used to trust Asher and I know women threw themselves on him, but he always said he did nothing but push them off. Liar.

I got really pissed again and so into the crowd of people I yelled, "THANK YOU for not telling my husband was cheating on me! I really appreciate it," I said quite calmly, surprising myself and others with my composure. During my exclamation of 'thanks' my lovely husband walked in, thus queuing my exit. I started to walk to the elevator when Asher yelled, "Charlotte please I love you! Don't leave me, just let me explain myself!-"

"Stop right there! You DO NOT deserve to give me an explanation! You f*cked up everything! Let me ask you something, was it hard for you to pretend to love me? Did I smother you? Did I not give you enough sex? Was I nothing because it took too long for me to become pregnant? Was I just a business deal?"

"No, God no Charlotte! I love you I messed up!-"

"Yeah, you messed up but how many times did you 'mess up'?"

Asher then looked down in shame and sadness, but I didn't give a flying f*ck anymore. I pressed the elevator button, and it was as if God took pity on me because the doors immediately opened. I stepped inside, pressed the button, and turned to face my husband who was still looking at the ground. He suddenly looked up, as if sensing my gaze, and surprise was written over it, for I was not located were I was a moment ago. His eyes connect with mine and he immediately starts to run towards the elevator, but his tries were futile. The doors shut when he was more than half way there.

I looked at my reflection through the metal, and let out a sob of despair and rejection. It took everything in me to pull it together, but that did not stop the blurriness in my eyes from the tears I refused to let fall. With shaking hands I pulled out my phone and called my best friend, Bexley.

"Hi b*cth! What's up!?"

Right after she finished talking, another sob escaped me.

"OHMIGOD whats wrong babe?!"

"Hhhe cheated onnn meee!" I took a deep breath because I was about to break down, once I composed myself I said with a strong voice I didn't know I had left, "I need your help. Can you Effie come over and help me pack? I am leaving today with some of my things and I don't want to go alone."

"Of course! We will be there, I am going to call Effie, I will see you soon. Be careful."

And with that the elevator doors opened and we hung up. I sprinted to my car and jumped in. I started the car and headed home. Or ex-home, I thought as silent tears fell down my face.

...

Hello loves...

Please check out my other story! I would love to hear some feedback on that! I love writing it but if it's not getting a response I will start on another one of my plethora of ideas!!

Lewis xo

(P.S. Not proof read or edited)