Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound

Start from the beginning

"Nightwing has got this, for now, prepare for Y/n's arrival."

═════════════

New York City. It was easy for Y/n to recognize NYC. She could hear the traffic and the lights were bright. Everything around her screamed NYC. The Qilin in her arms slowly adjusted to its surroundings and started to squirm a bit. Frizz carefully came out the bag with the Occamy egg and made a motion with his long finger.

"Ah, wait Frizz, remind me not to use my wand, I don't want to be caught by the Ministry now."

Frizz nodded, then made a motion. Y/n nodded in thanks.

"Right, accio satchel." After waiting a few minutes Y/n's satchel came flying to her, a clear sign that she was back in her world. Y/n carefully placed the egg and the Qilin into the satchel then switched it to Muggle Worthy as Frizz settled in one of the pockets of the bag.

'New York City' Y/n thought to herself as she walked down the street and into a crowd of people. The city that never sleeps was quite a true fact. Holding out a paper she folded in replacement for her wand, she muttered the Point Me spell, the paper turning to face north.

She made her way towards the East River where a certain T building was headquartered. 'Hey, at least superheroes are everywhere,' Y/n hummed as the T got closer. But as Y/n reached the East River, Y/n found herself in a dilemma.

"Now how am I gonna get over there?" she wondered out loud as she stared at the tower in the middle of the river. It was still night time, but Y/n could just about see a hint of blue in the distance. The sun was starting to rise. The darkness would last long enough for her to use her magic so, as quickly as she could, she flew all the way to the tower.

Slightly panting from exhausting her powers a bit, Y/n made sure Frizz, the Qilin, and the Occamy egg were alright inside the satchel before pressing the doorbell on the tower. She waited a bit until the door opened and Y/n gave a shy smile, recognizing the person from Dick's camera roll.

"Hi, um, Kori, right?"

— — — — — — — —

Y/n found herself wrapped up in a blanket, drinking hot chocolate as her satchel rested in her lap. When checking inside the satchel, Y/n found the Qilin asleep and that Frizz seemed to be attached to the Occamy egg at the moment, as if adopting the egg as his own despite being so small.

She felt the curious stares of the now awakening Teen Titans members, glancing at her as they entered the room. Starfire on the phone with Dick, trying to reassure him that Y/n was okay, even after he had heard his little sister's voice.

They awkwardly stood there for a moment, silently whispering to one another before one of them came up to her with confidence.

"Hi!"

"Hi," Y/n responded to the green boy in front of her.

"I'm Garfield, Beast Boy, I'm kinda a hero you know?" He introduced himself.

Y/n grinned, "Kinda?"

"You're embarrassing us." The hooded girl stated, blankly looking at Garfield. "Raven." She introduced herself.

"Y/n, I like your cloak."

"Thanks."

Then the boy dressed in blue came up to her, "I'm Jaime, nice to meet you hermosa."

"Oh, gracias, es usted muy amable."(Thank you, you are very kind.) Y/n flushed. Jaime smiled, appreciating the fact that she understood and spoke Spanish.