III: Unexpected Comfort

Third POV

By the time Izuku had woken up on Sunday, it was 6 am.

His eyes were red and swollen with crust. He let out a yawn and an even more fitting stretch, listening to his proper joints and ligaments cracking as he did so.

When he picked up his phone, his eyes widened seeing he had a bunch of missed calls from All might and Katsuki.

"Oh no-!" He exclaimed, scrambling out of bed and running downstairs to quickly brush his teeth and wash his face before heading out to gym gamma to see his two idols awaiting his presence.

"There you are Young Midoriya-!" All might sighed in relief, as he was then taken back by how dampened Izuku looked.

Water droplets rested on those freckled cheeks of his and his eyes looked worse.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I overslept!" Izuku panted, knowing he did a full on sprint from the dorms to the gym.

While All might might've excused it, Katsuki sure didn't as he began yell at Izuku for his tardiness.

Typical.

A warm fatherly like smile was on his face as he watched the two of them interact, "Alright you two, let's go in so you can show me what you can do." He hummed heartily, listening to the two of them bicker back and forth about being late.
.
.
.

After a series of roundhouse kicks to the gut and adrenaline fueled explosions to the face for two hours, All Might cut it short staring there was a faculty meeting he had to attend to.

"And just when it was getting good too," Katsuki groaned, "You just had to show up late, Izuku."

Izuku's eyes widened slightly, hearing his real name slip off of Katsuki's tongue like that. Like it was raw honey.

Even though they'd reconciled as first-years going to second and Katsuki had apologized, it still felt weird to hear it.

Katsuki even had some struggles saying Izuku instead of Deku but eventually he adapted to the changes.

A lot had happened between them and their relationship over their years at U.A, and it was for the better for sure.

Even if Izuku hated to admit it, The whole fights at. ground beta or between TomurAFO 1&2, brought out a side of Izuku he'd rather keep deep inside.

"Oh Kacchan, I apologized didn't I?" Izuku clapped his hands and let out a whine, but Katsuki scoffed and crossed his arms while trudging to the wall where he placed his water bottle.

They listened to All Might chuckled, "Yknow something you two,"

"Flirting was a lot less aggressive back in my day." As he walked away from the two of them, letting what he said sink in.

"ALL MIGHT!"

Just as he left, Izuku placed a hand on his stomach, feeling it rumble.

Oh yeah. He didn't eat last night.

After crying, he inadvertently placed himself in a deep yet oddly needed sleep.