4.) 9 AM

"Easton drank too much and we can't get him to cooperate."

"What?! Why didn't anyone tell me?!" Luke stood up from his seat, beginning to pace around the kitchen just as his father did when he received a distressing business call.

"We tried! You wouldn't answer your phone!" Savannah groaned as muffled slurring echoed from the back of whatever room she was calling him from.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Do you need me?" Luke investigated as if he wouldn't be there despite her answer. This wasn't the first time this had happened, and Luke seemed to be the only one that could get Easton to cooperate. Savannah sighed and plopped down on a nearby couch.

"I hate to ask, but could you?" Luke nodded as if Savannah could see him and huffed before looking up at Kane, who was still sitting at the table, eating.

"I'm on my way," Luke said before ending the call and tucking his phone away in his pocket.  "You think I could take you up on that ride offer from yesterday?"

The two make their way out of the house without a word to each other, climbing into their respective sides of the car. Luke put the address Savannah texted him into google maps and set the phone on his lap, earning a confused look from Kane.

"Can I have some context as to why I'm taking you to a house you are unfamiliar with?" Kane said, clearing his still groggy voice before pulling out of the driveway.

"It's not like I don't know the person who owns the house, I just can't be bothered to hang out with them." Luke shook his head to clear his head of arbitrary thoughts and get to the point. "When you ripped me away from my friends last night, they partied. Easton isn't exactly well known for pacing himself."

"You mean that guy you were all over last night?" Kane groaned, following the directions of the faint, robot voice that was leading him to his destination.

"No, Kane. That's boyfriend #2. I'm talking about boyfriend #1." Kane says sarcastically as they pull into the driveway of their destination.

"Just...hurry up. I'd like to enjoy my vacation." Kane groaned, turning off his car and pulling his phone from his back pocket.

Luke went inside without another word to Kane, the front door opening up to his very drunk boyfriend, rolling around on the floor.

"Oh thank god..." Savannah groaned, sitting up from the couch she was laying on. Luke swore he heard a few other party-goers release a sigh of relief.

"It's almost nine am! Why are there still so many people here?" Luke groaned back, walking towards the teenage boy on the floor.

"The alcohol was stronger than normal. Everyone here is either too drunk to move, or too sober to help. It's a shit show." Savannah stood up and the two loomed over the drunk teen.

"Babe! Finally!" Easton slurred, smiling up at Luke. "I was so sad you left..." Easton giggles and tries to sit up, failing miserably.

"I'll take the left arm," Savannah noted before they both bent over and grabbed one of Easton's arms. They tossed him over their shoulders, letting him use them as a crutch as they stumbled out of the door and towards Kane's car.

"Oh, you're the asshole who took Luke away from me." Easton gurgled, and Kane rolled his eyes. Luke and Savannah slid Easton into the back seat before hugging each other. Savannah parted and Luke climbed in next to Easton.

--------------------

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm in the middle of some pretty heavy writer's block :/

Word Count: 595 words

Next Publish Date: 10/8/2022