nineteen | provenance

Start from the beginning

While Dean moved the glass around in front of himself and sniffed it, Katherine simply kept her eyes solely on Daniel as she discreetly moved one of her hands and made sure to harshly pinch one of Dean's arms.

While Daniel simply eyed the three siblings, Dean remained silent on just what Katherine had done to him until they were far enough away, which allowed Dean to say, "What the hell, Kat?"

In response to his words, Katherine slowly looked up at him before she asked him, "Do you want me to pinch you again?" When he only shook his head, she said to him, "Then stop talking and keep your mind focused on the case."

* * *

After the three of them had stopped in front of a family portrait, the three siblings had soon enough taken their attention off of it when they heard a voice ask them, "A fine example of American Primitive, wouldn't you say?"

While the woman continued to make her way down the stairs and Sam simply turned to look away from her, Dean hit him on his arm, which only got Katherine to roll her eyes at her eldest brother.

It was only when the woman had made her way down the stairs and was walking over towards them that Sam looked back over at her and said to her, "Well, I'd say it's more Grant Wood than Grandma Moses... but you knew that. You just wanted to see if I did."

With a tilt of her head, the woman said to him, "Guilty. And clumsy. I apologize." While Dean went to grab a piece of food off of another tray, the woman said, "I'm Sarah Blake."

As he went to grab Sarah's hand, Sam said, "I'm Sam. That's my sister Katherine and this is my... brother, Dean."

In turn, Sarah turned to Dean and said to him, "Dean. Can we get you some more mini quiche?"

With a shake of his head, Dean replied, "Mm-mm, I'm good. Thanks."

Once Sarah had looked away from Katherine and Dean, Katherine slapped the back of Dean's head as quietly as she could, which got Dean to look over at her with wide eyes and start to rub the back of his head, while Sarah asked Sam, "So, can I help you with something?"

With a tilt of his head, Sam said to her, "Yeah, actually. Um, what can you tell us about the Telesca Estate?"

Sarah replied, "The whole thing's pretty grisly if you ask me, selling their things this soon. But Dad's right about one thing– Sensationalism brings out the crowds. Even the rich ones."

While Katherine simply rolled her eyes at the look that Dean had on his face, Sam asked Sarah, "Is it possible to see the Provenances?"

It was then that Daniel said to them, "I'm afraid there isn't any chance of that."

With a tilt of his head, Sam asked him, "Why not?"

Daniel told them, "You're not on the guest list... and I think it's time to leave."

With a shake of his head, Dean said to him, "Well, we don't have to be told twice."

Daniel replied, "Apparently, you do."

It was then that Sam said to him, "Okay, it's alright. We don't want any trouble. We'll go."

* * *

While the three of them got out of the car, Dean said, "Grant Wood, Grandma Moses– What?"

Sam replied, "Art history course. It's good for meeting girls."

In turn, Dean said to him, "It's like I don't even know you."

It wasn't until Dean had opened the door to their room and saw the decor inside of the room that Katherine's two brothers simply stood in place and openly stared at the inside of the room.