nineteen | provenance

Start from the beginning

With a nod of his head, Sam said to him, "Yeah."

Then Dean replied, "Good."

As soon as Dean went to get up from the table and back over to the bar, Sam said to him, "Dean..."

Once Dean was back over at the bar and talking to the two women, Sam turned to Katherine, who was chugging her glass of beer before she let out a sigh and went over towards the bar to get herself another one.

After looking between his two siblings– each of whom were too busy doing their own things– Sam simply sighed to himself before he brought his attention back over towards their father's journal with a frown on his face.

* * *

With an eyebrow raised, Katherine watched as Sam made his way around the car and over towards the driver's side window before he pressed his hand against the center of the steering wheel, which got the car horn to be heard.

It was then that Dean slightly jumped in place with a yell before he quickly turned his head to look over at Sam, who was simply laughing to himself.

While Sam went to sit in the driver's seat and Katherine just threw herself into the back of the car, Dean said with a groan, "Oh, man, that's so not cool."

Sam told him, "We just swept the Telesca house with the EMF. It's clean. And last night, while you were... out... and Kat back there was doing nothing but drinking, I checked the history of the house. No hauntings, no violent crimes, nothing strange about the Telescas themselves, either."

Dean replied, "Alright, so if it's not the people and it's not the house, then, uh, maybe it's the contents– A cursed object or something."

With a shake of his head, Sam said to him, "House is clean."

In turn, Dean said to him, "Yeah, no, you said that."

Sam replied, "No, I mean it's empty. No furniture, nothing."

With his eyebrows furrowed, Dean asked him, "Where's all their stuff?"

* * *

While the three of them walked around and eyed each of the items that were on display, Dean said, "Silent auctions, estate sales– It's like a garage sale for W.A.S.P.s, if you ask me."

It was then that an older man wearing a suit and tie stopped just behind them and asked, "Can I help you, gentleman?" Then he turned to Katherine and said to her, "And lady."

After turning around to face the man, Dean said to him, "I'd like some champagne, please."

After seeing the look that the man now had on his face, Katherine turned to look up at her eldest brother with her eyebrows raised and her head tilted to the side, while Sam told Dean, "He's not a waiter." While Dean simply raised his eyebrows at the man, Sam said, "I'm Sam Connors. This is my sister, Katherine and my brother, Dean. We are art dealers with Connors Limited."

With a nod of his head, the man asked him, "You're art dealers?"

Sam replied, "That's right."

With yet another nod of his head, the man told them, "I'm Daniel Blake. This is my auction house. Now, gentlemen and lady, this is a private showing. And I don't remember seeing you on the guest list."

While Sam simply let out a scoff, Dean said with a nod of his head, "We're there, Chuckles. You just need to take another look." As he turned his head and saw another man carrying a glass of champagne, he went to grab the glass and said, "Oh, finally."