You are just in time

Start from the beginning

"It's okay.. Let's order take out." He was able to see you and get to know your family.

"I'm sorry about my dad.." He must have felt uncomfortable hearing him talk.

"My dad also acts that way when my sister's boyfriend comes. I guess it's a dad thing."

"It's embarrassing."

"It's because he loves you." He will also be like that if he has a daughter in the future.

"I guess.." You smile at him, "Ah, Joon fell asleep. He must be so tired." You took the plate from little Joon and fixed his position.

The two of you sat on the ground. Continue to watch the cartoon. It suddenly felt awkward without your brother talking with him.

"Um.. What do you usually do during the weekend?" You asked. He must be busy studying. His dragon eyes were following your face as you spoke. He didn't think he could resist the bad thought anymore..

"Joon?" You felt his gaze stay for a while.

He carefully leaned forward. His hand was on top of yours, gently brushing on them. "We are home!" You heard your mom from the front door. His lips were almost touching yours. If only he could hear how loud your heart beat now. The two of you were staring at each other.

He retreated first, pulling himself. Straightening his position.

"Ah.. Joonie is sleeping." Your dad was following behind her.

"You said you'll be late.." You said nervously. They could give you a heart attack just now.

"What? Why did you expect us to be late?" He eyed Namjoon suspiciously.

"I already ordered the dinner.. But I don't think it's enough for four people.." You thought they'll be eating with their boss.

"Yes, Mr Jung had an urgent call so he told us to go back first." Your mother picked up her wallet, "You and Namjoon could eat outside. It's Saturday night. Here, treat yourself to something nice to watch after Joonie." She took out some cash and gave it to you.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Don't go back too late, okay?" She smiles at Namjoon, "Look out after her, ok?"

"Yes, Mrs."

You wore your shoes. Namjoon was also the same. Ah, it's just embarrassing for him just now.

He shouldn't try to kiss you at all. However, he felt sparks because you didn't push him away.

It's a good sign, right?

Your dad was crossing his arms behind the two of you. His face was all serious.

"Dad?" "Listen to me, boi. I don't know how this whole dorm works. But I hope you respect my daughter and not trouble her. Since you are older you should know how to behave." You were mentally facepalming yourself again.

You felt super sorry to Joon now. "Dad.. we are only a friend." You whined.

"I won't trouble her." Namjoon promised.

"I don't think you understand what I mean. Do not visit her in the dorm at night!" He heard about this stuff all the time. Well, he also did that when he was your age but he didn't want you to do that, okay!

"Oh my God, Dad! You exclaimed. That's so embarrassing!!! "I'm so sorry." You said to Joon, "We are leaving! You have the weirdest thoughts!!!" You shouted at your dad. How could he say that to Joon?

"It's okay." Didn't expect your dad to say that.

You dragged him out immediately before your dad said more embarrassing things.
You can't say it went smoothly. Your dad kept trying to have "serious talk" with Namjoon. He must have felt so uncomfortable. Thank God your mother however is very nice to him.

"Sorry for my dad.. I guess it was a terrible idea to ask you to come with me.."

"I'm happy to meet them." He said all smiling.

"You are very good at consoling people. " You admired him for that. He was very mature.

"I am because it's you.."

"Now I'm shy." You weren't shy. It's just.. cute..

"It's true.." He smiles fondly. You had to admit he was on a different level from other male students.

"Come on, decide what we are going to eat. There is a restaurant down there. Should we give it a try?" You pointed to a direction.

"Y/n, what do you think about me?" He asked. He never really talked about himself. Namjoon wanted to hear how you see him.

"Ah.. so sudden?" You gave it a thought, "Kim Namjoon is someone who is very kind, considerate, sweet.." The list was long, "Smart. I wondered why you like me. Obviously you could get someone better." No kidding he could.

"I mean as a man." He'd like to know if you.. Grow certain feelings to him, you had been quite open and the two of you texted all the time, "I like you a lot, Y/n..." He laced his fingers with yours, "I hope I don't scare you off by trying to kiss you..." He worried you might avoid him later.

It was a good feeling to have someone who loves you so much. He always gave you secure feelings, you couldn't deny you felt butterflies, "Am i moving too fast?" He asked carefully.

"No.. you are.. just in time.." Meeting him here was like fate. This just feels right. Are you completely over Jimin? You don't know. The guy here made everything seems to be bearable.

by bangtanboyspersona

your vote means a lot to me <3