Mini Story 1: Clocking Out

7:45 PM, your day shift just ended. You leave the office, impressed with the day you had, you think about the commission that you made. So many products sold, so many buyers! What a good day.

The day has been long, you see a sign about the new Fair that just opened on the outskirts of town, "The Fair of Mystery." You decide to take a stroll to the fair, you've had a good day, and deserve a good rest and a good time.

After a while of walking, you start to notice some strange occurrences, houses begin to get more and more corrupted and destroyed as the road progresses, people seem to be lacking traits, all doing the same thing. 

The road grows slim, darkening, a storm forms ahead of you. You debate heading back to the inner parts of the town. "No, it's too far back, I'm nearly at the fair" you say to yourself.

5 more minutes pass and slowly you hear carnival music in the near distance. When you arrive you are greeted by the Carnival master. He greets you with an open smile…

"Hello Ben! Welcome to The Fair of Mystery!!!"

It takes you a moment, but eventually you look up towards the Carnival Master with a shocked and blank stare

"How do you.. Know my name?"

The CM looms down at you, and you realize you still have your name plate on

"Oh," you say, "Forgot about that…"

CM replies to you, "Yes well, welcome to the Carnival! I am the Carnival Master! We hope you enjoy your stay here! Faris Wheels, Rollercoasters, and loads of fun!"

"How much are the tickets?" You ask.

"Oh, see, that's the thing, people don't pay with cash…"

"Oh," you reply, "what is it then?"

CM looks you up and down with a slight grin. "People here pay with the laughter and joyful screams"

"So it's a free carnival?"

"In a sense yes…"

You peak beside CM and inside the Fair, seeing dozens of people having fun

"Okay then.."

"Enjoy your stay!" CM states

You hear him whisper something but, you can't make out the full sentence, "Be. Last. Go."

As you enter the fair, you can see rides upon rides as far as the eye can see…

You buy a corn dog, and eat it on a bench beside a family.

Once done with the Corn Dog, you walk around the place until you notice one particular ride, "The Full Moon"

You notice the picture has a werewolf on it. You walk forwards a little bit to see that tonight happens to be a Full Moon.

You get on the ride but it is only you who gets on. The ride starts and water from the storm splashes into your eyes, and you take a minute to wipe the water off. 

As you open your eyes, you check on all of the other people to see if they were splashed as well. They don't appear to have been and now you, wait… other people?

You stare into the front as the heads of the people all turn fully around towards you, your heart sinks down in your chest. 

The faces are all the same. You hear scraping behind you, and as you turn around, more people are there too, you turn back around to see the people standing in their seats. 

They fall backwards, and their limbs begin to twist and turn as they start crawling towards you. You're stuck. You don't know what to do… The people start crawling towards you, you turn around and the other people do the same, you turn to your left to see the other carnival goers, they don't notice this? You wonder what's happening, as you turn around, a skeletal face is staring back at you, the face bites at you in a quick swoop motion.

You close and open your eyes as you see your roof… it was a dream, all a bad dream. You start to calm down, and you stop sweating for a moment…

You lay back down, and close your eyes… there's silence… nothing but, silence, you start to feel tapping at your shoulder but, you shrug it off at first, assuming someone is trying to wake you up… but the tapping continues, to the point where it starts to hurt your shoulder blade

You angrily open your eyes to see a quick peak of at least 16 skeleton arms, you feel them all grab you, pulling you deeper and deeper into your bed… this isn't a bad dream… it's a nightmare…

The End