𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 6

I am standing in Stacys guest bedroom, when Ilooked out of the window. We had just gotten home and called it a day.

We agreed to go to sleep, so we could be full ofenergy the next morning. "You still have so much exploring to do"

My best friend was even more motivated thanmyself to show me around the city. And for that I was forever grateful.

Just as I was about to lay down on thecomfortable bed, my eyes locked on the window, and I noticed eyes lookingexactly at me. Piercing through me. As if these eyes have the power tolook not only at my body but also at my soul.

I blinked, anxiety consuming me. But when Iopened my eyes again, there was nothing.

My eyebrows furrowed and I was so focused onfinding these eyes, that were just watching me, but I never did. Now matter howoften I looked out of the window, there was just complete darkness looking backat me. No person. No shadow. No eyes.

Freaking out I closed the curtains and slippedunder the bedcovers, as if they could protect me from the shadow, that was justout there. And being an overthinker definitely didn't help in this situation.

My mind was creating terrifying scenes in myhead. A stalker that planned on killing me breaking in through the window,disturbing my peaceful sleep and stabbing me to death.

Overthinking isn'tfunny.

Breathing in through my nose and out through mymouth, I was trying to calm myself down. Why would somebody want to kill you,Elena? Calm down.

Feeling my heartbeat slowing down after taking afew deep breaths, my muscles relaxed. Should I tell Stacy of what happened? Sighingafter I took a look at the time, I decided not to. She was probably already asleep,and it most definitely was just a misunderstanding.

My mind was probably just playing tricks withme, tricking me into believing there was someone outside watching me. Or atleast I hoped that it was just my imagination and not the reality.

...

Again I felt Stacy shaking my body to wake meup. Argh, why does she have to be such a morning person.

Well at least it was Stacy that was shaking meawake and not some stranger who is waking me in order for me to feel the painof him sticking his knife into my stomach. I really need therapy.

Groaning I slipped out of bed, did my morningroutine and went to the kitchen. Stacy had of course already made deliciousbreakfast. While we ate my mind was going through the details of what happenedyesterday. A feeling of being stalked, a shadow near Stacys apartment and then eyes.Somehow the eyes were the most terrifying.

Noticing my facial expressions, Stacy asked "Areyou okay?". She's observant, but I didn't want her to worry, nor did I want myvacation to be destroyed, because of some sick imaginations of mine.

So, I brushed it off and told her thateverything was good and not to worry about it. She nodded, but she didn't seemso convinced.

Did she also had a feeling of being watched yesterday? Maybe I wasn't the only one. Deciding to finally drop this annoying topic, I got ready to spend an amazing day with my best friend in Spain. I still couldn't really believe that I was on vacation. Alone.

...

After a few hours of sightseeing, walking aroundand taking lots of pictures, we decided it was time to eat.

When Stacy heard my stomach growling, shechuckled and promised me a surprise. She took my hand and we walked for aboutten minutes before we stopped in front of a restaurant that serves Italian pizzas.My favorite. And Stacy knew that.

After she saw my smile she eagerly pushed meinside the restaurant, the delicious smell spread everywhere.

We took a seat at a small table and ordered ourfood. I looked around, the restaurant was really beautiful. No wonder it wasfull with people.

The small bell at the door rang, indicating thatthere was a new customer entering the place. When I looked at who it was, mybody weirdly filled itself with a burning heat. And when my eyes locked withthe customers eyes, my heart failed at beating for a second. Welcome Mafiaboss.

Argh I hate my mind.