part seven: hi society!

my twin brother, brooks, started at saint jude's and there was a big cotillion dance. we had to practice dance at school. it was kind of hilarious. on tuesday, i was sitting at the met with blair, serena, and blair's minions. "did you see the new hot guy? brooks?" blair said. "yeah he's up there." serena added. "oh you mean my twin brother? he's amazing!" i exclaimed. "he's your brother?!" the minions exclaimed. "yeah he just came back from boarding school in florida." i said. "you guys look so much a like now that i heard that." serena said. "thanks. does that make me hot and glamorous?" i asked, sarcastically. "not even a little bit." serena replied. "we should probably get to school." blair suggested. "ugh. i'm so over school. i just want to leave." i said. "we should. let's ditch!" blair said. "no guys come on! theodore and nate won't want to dance together." serena said. "ugh fine." i said. we got back to school. we started practicing but then brooks came in late. "hello who are you?" the dance teacher asked. "uh, brooks. brooks reynolds." brooks said. "oh your aspen's brother?" the dance teacher questioned. "uh yes." brooks replied. "then why was aspen here and you weren't?" the dance teacher asked. "oh i had a meeting with colleges this morning. i'm sorry it won't happen again." brooks said. "uh yes very well, you can dance with miss van der woodsen." the dance teacher said. "oh i'm sorry but im not getting represented." serena said. "your name is on the list, but no partner. same with mr. reynolds. you two can pair up." the dance teacher recommended. they did as so and nate asked me, "that's your brother?" "yeah... what's so great about him?" i asked. "he's insane at football. what colleges was he talking too?" nate questioned. "ohio state today." i said. "anyone else?" nate asked. "lsc, yale, harvard, mostly all the ivy's, west virgina, michigan, florida, wisconsin, notre dame, ucla. i don't know. you can ask him." i recommended. "yeah i will. after class." nate said. two days later at blair's tea, carter basin, tried to make a pass at me. but of course nate. my dress:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442689838382348387/  nate picked me up from my house and we stoped at paola's and then headed to the ball. "hello and welcome! to the annual dispensary cotillion and debutante ball." the announcer said. everyone clapped. "katia farkas, daughter of johnathan and rose farkas escorted by richard north. hopes to major in neuroscience and will continue her family's legacy as supporters of the new york public library and lincoln center. blair cornelia waldorf, daughter of harold and eledor waldorf, presented by prince theodore, plans to be a member of yale's class of 2013. she will continue the summer in southhampton and volunteer her time at children's charities. aspen grace reynolds, daughter of bear and sage reynolds, presented by nathanial archibald. plans to spend her summer's helping the oceana charity. she plans on studying marine biology at an university." i didn't hear anything else because i was escorted by nate to the ballroom. "good job." nate whispered in my ear. "you too." i replied. the actual dance part was boring. but then i got switched with carter. nate when up to him in the middle of the dance and said, "they might not know who you are, but i sure as hell haven't forgotten." he punched carter. "nate what are you doing?" i asked. "she's my girlfriend!" nate yelled. "get off me man." carter demanded. they had to drag carter and nate off of each other and they had to go outside. thank the lords my parents weren't in town. "hey you good?" brooks asked. "ill be fine." i replied. i went home, and took a long hot shower and then got into my pajamas and bunny slippers. i knocked on nate's door. "hey can we talk?" i asked. "come on in." he said. "what happened tonight?" i asked, sitting next to him on his bed. "i kind of lost all control." nate said. "i can see that. but why? i didnt tell you about carter, it's not a big deal." i said. "well serena, chuck, blair, and gossip girl said he made a deal with someone to hook up with you." nate said. "you kidding." i said. he shook his head. "i love you aspen. i don't want anyone laying a hand on you. and i know it's early to say that and i don't want an answer right now because we talked about how big a commitment that is to you. but i just wanted to let you know." nate said. "thank you."