Chapter 13: I don't wanna risk that

~~~

~~~

"Okay, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here." Sam says. "We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought."

"Yeah," Dean starts, hanging up the phone and walking around the car. "Problem is we're not going to Pennsylvania."

"What? Why not?" Alexis asks, standing up from where she was sitting on the hood of the car as Dean passes her.

"We what?" Sam asks.

"I just got a call, uh, from a old friend. Her father was killed last night. She thinks it might be our kinda thing." Dean explains.

"What?" Sam questions.

"Yeah. Believe me. She never would've called, never, if she didn't need us." Dean says, getting in the car.

"Come on. You coming or what?" Dean asks Sam as Alexis gets in the car.

~~~

"By 'old friend', you mean.....?" Sam trails off.

"A friend that's not new." Dean states.

"No shit, Sherlock." Alexis says.

"Yeah, thanks." Sam says. "So, her names Cassie, huh? You never mentioned her."

Alexis rolls her eyes.

"Didn't I?"

"No." Sam says.

"Yeah, we went out." Dean simply states. Alexis rolls her eyes again, the burning feeling in her chest returning.

"You mean you dated someone? For more than one night?" Sam asks.

"Am I speaking a language you're not getting here?" Dean looks over at Sam. "Yeah, Dad, me, and Lexi were working a job in Athens, Ohio. She was finishing up college. We went out for a couple of weeks."

"And?" Sam presses.

Dean shrugs his shoulders. Alexis lets out an aggravated sigh.

"Look, its terrible about her dad, but kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do." Sam says. "Which, by the way, how does she know what we do?"

Dean doesn't answer which prompts Alexis to roll her eyes.

"You told her. You told her. The secret. Our big family rule number one: We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a couple times, and you tell her everything?" Sam asks.