Chapter 9: Where the hell did the doll get a knife

Alexis sat on the couch, her knees brought up to her chest. She had her arms wrapped around herself, her chin resting on her knees. She stares at the brothers who are sleeping. She waits and waits. She has zero clue on what time it is but she can't sleep.

She has to watch them, she has to make sure they're okay. She hasn't gotten any sleep, she just sits there, slightly rocking back and forth. The pain in her chest dulls slightly. Her stomach turns, the uneasy feeling growing as the night go's on.

Neither one of the brothers seemed to have anything wrong with them, but Alexis still had to watch. Alexis had this feeling all day and as the day went on it got worse. Dean had noticed and practically threw a fit.

But now he was sleeping as Alexis' eyes drifted to him. Even from the couch she could see the steady rise and fall of his back since he slept on his stomach. He was breathing, he was okay. She had just checked on Sam and he was fine too.

So, what the hell was this spell about this time? All Alexis knew was it affected the brothers this time. She couldn't let anything happen to them.

A movement caught her eye, Alexis jerked her head in that direction just in time to see Sam jump up. Panic ran through her for a second. Sam looked around.

"Sam? You okay?" Alexis asks, standing up.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Sam says. Alexis nods her head, sitting back down. Something wasn't right.

~~~

Morning had finally come and Alexis was glad, it was new day. Nothing bad had happened. They were in the clear.

"Alright, I was cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig." Dean says. "A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali, its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean says. "Hey," He says, grabbing Sam's attention. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"No, I'm listening. Keep going." Sam tells him, turning back to his drawing.

"What about you, sleeping beauty?" Dean asks Alexis, who was currently half asleep with her chin resting in the palm of her hand. The dark circles under her eyes were prominent. Dean was worried about her. "Am I boring you?"

"No, no, I'm awake, listening. Cows disappeared off a boat in Texas. Lets go." She sleepily mumbles out. "You're not boring. I like being around you." She says, her words almost inaudible and incoherent.

"And a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean says, holding up three fingers. He waves his hand in the air, but Sam didn't pay attention.

"Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?" Dean asks Sam.

Dean leans over the table and waves his hand in front of Alexis. With her eyes still half closed Alexis grabs Deans hand.

"Stop, I heard you. I'm listening."

"Really? Cause you just said that cows disappeared off a boat in Texas." Dean says. "Lex, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I could use a coffee, but other than that I'm good." Alexis says. Dean rolls his eyes, knowing she's lying.

"Wait, I've seen this before." Sam speaks up.

"Seen what?" Dean asks.

Sam stands up and digs through the bag and pulls out Johns journal. "What are you doing?" Dean questions.

Sam digs through the journal and pulls out a picture and compares it to his drawing.

"Dean, I know where we have to go next." Sam turns to face Dean and Alexis.