10 | Office Gossip

Start from the beginning

He's gotta be fucking with me right now.

He has to.

"I also have my least favourites" I smiled at him "I'll let you guess who that is"

"What a puzzle" he put on a slight thinking face, and as he approached- I felt his shoulder brush against mine.

He stopped, lowering his face, as he spoke up in a whisper "Certainly, can't be me"

I couldn't tell if I felt his breath on my neck, or if it was just my imagination.

With that, he left, and I didn't look behind.

I couldn't.

Frozen in place, once again.

I let out a breath of relief as I looked down.

"Dieu du ciel" Camille gasped when he was out of earshot "I swear he wants to fuck you"

That sure worked to unfreeze me, as my eyes widen.

Quickly, I placed my palm over her mouth, shutting her up.

"What the hell?" I whisper-yelled at her.

There was people coming in and out of the office. The last rumor I needed was that of me fucking my way to the top.

Because I was certain, they'd only make it about me.

She snatched my hand off her mouth, glaring at me as she took my hand to drag me outside of the office again.

Frustrated, I left out a huff when she stopped in place.

"Laura!" she blinked "That back there isn't normal, is it?"

"I don't know what is anymore" I whined "Leave me go. He'll yell if I don't walk in on time"

"Clearly. He's gonna wanna put that frustration somewhere" she rolled her eyes "That right there, was an eye-fuck, if I'm not mistaken. Do you know how dangerous this man is? Or how fragile your position currently is?"

"I'm aware, thank you" I bit back at her "Don't read too much into it Camille. He looks at everyone like that"

"No he doesn-"

I raised my pointing finger up, making her shut up, before I spoke up "Go to your desk, and get to work. I have to be in the office. I've gotta speak to him nicely today so he lets me leave with you to the doctor's office for a few minutes"

Camille had a doctor's visit to check on her health and overall pregnancy today, and since Sebastian couldn't ask for another break from work, and I was closest within distance Camille, I decided I'd join her instead.

"Let's?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I can leave any time technically, but he'll note it down if he wants to win this badly" I narrowed my eyes "Did you hear what he said back there? The amount of ridiculousness"

"He also said-"

"Leaving" I weaved, already walking down the hallway "Drink some water and don't let that baby get thirsty"

She groaned at my reminder.

The woman was in need of one of those apps that reminds you to drink water - she clearly didn't think so though.

Once I reached the door to the office, I turned the handle- coming to an immediate halt at the sight.

Stephanie, one of our employees- standing in the office in only a bra that showed off her generous chest, and a skirt- hands wrapped around Ross' neck.