"What's up?" He asked casually, not wanting to push as we walked side by side towards the ship, moving through the crowd of family's hugging their loved ones goodbye temporarily.

"My fathers an ass" I muttered, moving past him up the ramp as he let me go up first, being a gentleman as always.

"But your mom and you are so nice" he followed behind me confused.

"He refused to let me come on this deployment because 'it's a man's job'" I mocked his gruff voice, earning a chuckle from Bradshaw which brought a small smile to my face.

"I see you listened" he nudged me once we were side by side again.

"You know it" I smiled back wider this time. "Couldn't leave my pilot without his WSO now could I?" I asked back. "You would be lost without me"

"There's my sunshine" Bradshaw smiled proudly at me.

"Sunshine? Is that really going to stick?" I asked, my face scrunched up in disapproval.

"I think it's the perfect callsign" he claimed, both of us making our way onto the runway to report to our supervisors.

"Bradshaw and Danvers?" The man on deck asked when we walked over, looking around in amazement at how far we had come from the academy.

"Yes, sir"

"Welcome, MacDonald here will show you to your bunks, we will leave tonight and you'll start tomorrow morning on your first flight" the strict man told us simply before turning away to something else.

Bradshaw and I nodded together awkwardly before following after MacDonald into the ship. We had settled into our bunks separately as the rest of the crew got settled in as well. By dinner time we had launched from the doc and were on our way to the sea.

"Hey" Bradshaw came up behind me in line for dinner.

"Hi" I smiled back at him before we each stepped out of line and made our way towards a table.

"Ready to start flying tomorrow?"

"Of course, are you?" I challenged with a smirk, leaning forward.

"Always" he said with pride.

~~~

"Bradshaw, smile" I told him as I held up my old camera, Bradshaw starting pre flight of the flight deck.

"What?" He turned around to face me with confusion.

"Smile" I repeated. He shook his head with a slight laugh before smiling in his flight suit in front of the jet, allowing me to take the picture.

"Okay, you got your picture, now can you help me out with this preflight?" He asked as he turned back to work. I nodded along and started to prepare the jet when suddenly Bradshaw called my attention again. "Sunshine, smile" he called out as I had gotten into the jet and he had taken my camera. He got a picture of me, handing me the camera as he got into the pilots seat.

"Ghost one, you are good to go" the comms tower told us as the flight squad was known as the ghost squad, Bradshaw and I being ghost one.

"Off we go" Bradshaw stated as he started to taxi us onto the deck, picking up speed and lifting off the ship and into the air.

"Woohoo!" I cheered out from behind him with a wide smile, Bradshaw laughing at my enthusiasm.

~~~

The four weeks of our deployment flew by fast, coming to an end within a few days. We were on the runway, getting out of our jet after a regular patrol when I spotted a woman watching us from the entrance to the ship.