Chapter 17: Life Comes And Goes

Start from the beginning

Wasting no time, both Takemichi and Naoto immediately left Japan and after a plane ride, they both arrived in Manila, Philippines. According to Takemichi, Mikey's letter asked him to meet up with him at the abandoned place he told Takemichi about 12 years ago, where his older brother Shinichiro Sano found the engines of his old two motorbikes - the bikes which were Mikey's CB250T and Takemichi's Babu (a twin of Mikey's motorbike which he got from Mikey and Draken just a few days before he time leaped back to the future).

"This is it..." Takemichi mumbled to himself as he looked around at the ruins in front of him which were located in the middle of a forest.

The letter contained an address and a message. I knew right away that it was from Mikey-kun. There's no guarantee that he's here. But if I can find him, it will be the first time I have ever met Mikey-kun's future self. I wonder how he turned out. Maybe he hasn't changed. When I meet him, what will I even say?

"These ruins are huge..." Takemichi muttered to himself again while walking around inside the building whose architecture seemed to be of an ancient palace or maybe a residence of some rich lords from hundreds of years ago.

He hasn't changed? There's no way he hasn't changed! He might have killed everyone after all. Mikey-kun here in the present isn't the one I knew before. He has probably changed after 12 years. I came here already to see him, but didn't I just put myself in danger? He might kill me the second we meet. Wait, he probably called me out here just to kill me! Should I leave?

"This is..." Takemichi whispered out, already exhausted from the excessive heat of the tropical forest when he reached a spot that seemed to look like a ballroom or something with no ceiling on top of the head.

And that was when he started to recall Mikey's words from 12 years ago when the latter gifted him the Babu motorbike.

It was beneath us suffocating grey sky. In an abandoned building with the ceiling collapsed under a huge scrap pile...

This is it...! Mikey-kun's big brother found the Babu engines here!

And this realization caused his lips to curl up into a smile of excitement and joy. Despite not being a mechanic, he could clearly see that the rubbles around the area were of abandoned or deranged motorbike parts, piled on top of one another. Subconsciously, he followed the pile, walking deep into the shadows.

That's kinda moving...

"Takemitchy?"

Suddenly a familiar deep, masculine voice spoke up from behind him causing Takemichi to quickly turn around and notice a certain someone sitting quietly on top of a pile of big rocks and rubbles in the middle of that certain place - it was a 28-year-old Mikey aka Manjiro Sano, now a bit taller with skinny yet slightly muscular body stature, wearing a black tank top under a loose white cardigan with a pair of loose black sweatpants and a pair of flip-flops in his feet. Mikey now had short black hair just like his older brother Shinichiro and also had a dragon tattoo on the side of his neck similar to the ones Draken and Mitsuya once had before.

There he was... with the same look in his eyes as ever. Mikey was here.

"Mikey-kun..." Takemichi trailed off in disbelief, slowly walking up to the said boy as tears started to form in his eyes, suddenly getting all emotional.

This is the first time I have seen him in the present. That look didn't change since 12 years. I finally met him.

"Um... uh... have you been well?" Takemichi asked in a sheepish manner, the first thing that came out of his mouth.