|𝟰|~𝗧𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁 ∙

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The group takes refuge in Delberts mansion. A fire burns as Sarah sits on a chair, a warm blanket draped over her shoulders. Jim and
(Y/N) sit off to the side, a blanket wrapped around both of them.

Delbert returns after a moment, a red robe over his shoulders and fuzzy slippers hugged his feet.

"I just spoke with the constabulary." Delbert begins, he places a hand over his face, rubbing it slowly. "Those blagered pirates have fled without a trace." He says regretfully.

Delbert looks towards Sarah, carefully studying her face before the next words spill from his lips. "I'm afraid the Benbow Inn...has burned to the ground." He finishes, an apologetic look on his face.

Sarah looks towards Delbert, her eyes widen a fraction. She looks towards her son for a second before turning around, her head being placed in her hands.

Delbert puts his hand on her shoulders, hoping to bring some sense of comfort. Jim looks towards his mother and stands, the blanket pooling around (Y/N)'s feet.

He slowly walks forward, an arm stretched out towards his mother, but stops, not knowing what to say.

(Y/N) carefully stands, setting the blanket down. She makes her way towards Jim, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. Jim let's out a deep sigh, feeling his muscles relax as his friend rubs small circles between where his neck and shoulder meet with her thumb.

He glances down at her, watching her eyes droop from how tired she was. Delbert steals a few glances at the two, his frown deepening. He clears his throat, catching the attention of the three.

"Well..certainly a lot of trouble...over that odd little sphere." He states, making his way towards a small table where the sphere is placed. (Y/N) detaches herself from Jim's side and walks towards the table, picking the sphere up and tracing the dents with her finger.

Jim makes his way to her side, eyeing the orb with a curious look. "Those markings baffle me.." Delbert looks at the orb, his mind racing with thought.

"..unlike anything I've ever seen!" He continues, beginning to pace around the room, Sarah watches him with a frown, not understanding what he was getting at. Jim and (Y/N) continue to look at the orb, (Y/N) moves it around in her palms, tapping the markings repeatedly.

The orb makes a strange sound, catching the teens off guard, they look at eachother and Jim nods, taking the orb into his own hands and continues to fiddle with it.